Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: first lightsaber help

Default first lightsaber help

Hey guys, I think I'm going to built a saber I already made the hilt in the MHS Builter flash app, so I need help in 3 subjects:

1 - I want the blade for dueling and I can't decide between red, blue and green, is there any way to have a LED that have all these colours and a control for me to change?

2 - I don't want to spend much money with the soundboard, wich is a good but cheap one?

3 - I want to make a crystal chamber, and I hate extentions that is "over" the button so i decided to put it "under" the main body, does it works fine this way?

Well thanks to anyone who answers me, sorry for the bad english Im brazillian and I have a friend over there to buy the parts for me...

here some pics of my desing:

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

I don't know about 1., and 3., but for a cheap sound board, use the Economcy 2010 boards. That requires going out to a toy store, buying the new Clone Wars lightsabers (Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda) and taking out the board and speaker stuff in them, and wiring them to your saber. Good sound, and cheap.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

No problem dude, glad I could help!

Your best bet is to search for RGGB and look through the results for tips about the multi-colored LEDs. I believe the wiring diagram board has lots of info on it for you to read about those.

There is also lots of info about crystal chambers scattered around the forums as well. Use the search function and you can find a whole plethora of information on them.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why RGGB? There are LEDs that are just RGB. A 4 die LED probably cost more than a 3 die, and isn't necessary in this case.

I'm thinking this might be pretty advanced for him if he has problems with English. There's a lot of reading he needs to do about everything he's asking about.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Why RGGB? There are LEDs that are just RGB. A 4 die LED probably cost more than a 3 die, and isn't necessary in this case.

I'm thinking this might be pretty advanced for him if he has problems with English. There's a lot of reading he needs to do about everything he's asking about.
    The reason RGGB and not RGB is because the search function doesnt allow for searching for 3 letter searches. And searching for 'RGB LED' is going to return literally every single post on the forums.

Go with a single color. The bi polar jedi sabers with multi colors are a pain and lame imo.

If you can't decide what color you want, and cannot do the wiring for an RGB type color changing saber, just make up an extra led/heatsink assembly with each color you want:

Get a few of these plug wires from the store:

and a couple of extra copper MHS heatsinks:

don't forget to get two nylon screws to go with each heatsink, too:

One end of the plug wire will go on the main led leads from the saber, the other on the led heatsink assembly.

Your assembled led/heatsink/quick connect plug will look something like this:

This will allow you to do this:

It's not as fancy as an RGB led with a rotary button to change the blade color with, but just as effective.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.