Thread: Goblin

Default Goblin

Goblin

So I actually finished this saber back in March, but never got around to posting pictures of it. I wanted to keep it nice and simple since it was my first build, so it's basically a screw the pieces together and call it done saber. I originally had a force action sound board in it, but with the recent discovery of my buddy opening a powder coating business, I figured now would be a great time to upgrade it to a 2010 Hasbro board. So I gutted the saber, took a little trip to my buddy's place and bam, a pretty new saber.

Specs:
    6" Double Female Extension
    Choke Style 1 Short
    Pommel Style 4
    Blade Holder Style 18
    2010 Obi Wan Hasbro Board
    Green P4
    4 AAA 6V Battery Setup
    Yellow AV Switch
    A'Sharad Hett inspired Leather Wrap
    TCSS Show Blade
    Blade Plug by ARKM

Wink

Strong work there - some really nice leather grip sections being done lately... hmm...
    LOCKHEED

I LOVE the Bass Boat paint job. That looks so awesomeon on that saber. The threading on the saber looks awesome, too.

The paint looks awesome on this for sure. Nice work. Personally I would paint the grooves in the blade holder copper but still very nice.
    Now I have to add leather grips to the in list....

In this season...
    Stylish PVC sabers
    Elaborate crystal chambers
    and.... Cozy Leather grips.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 08-20-2010 at 04:29 AM.

I have to admit I do like ARKM's blade plugs, and the saber isn't bade either.

Against my better judgement, I do really like the metalic pc and green color.

The grip is nice, the beads are a good touch.

I see a lot of inspiration from other people in that saber, I like it, I like it a lot..
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Reminds me of Ashared Hett's saber, very nice. The PCing is intiresting, kinda like countertop.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Great job Azryel!

I'm definitely a big fan of the leather grip, it does make it very comfy to hold onto. My only complaint with it is that while the beads add a nice stylish look to it, they really get in the way when it comes to any sort of spinning or dueling. I usually end up holding them in my hand along with the hilt itself.

As for the PC, when I was at my buddies shop he was showing me some different colors and mixes he was playing around with and this one really jumped out at me. It's pretty simple, first we coated the whole thing in black, and then applied a heavy green flake on top of that.

Hmmm..... Crystal, what a great suggestion on the copper rings. I think that would look pretty good too. I may have to roll out to my buddy's shop again sometime soon.