Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Premium Speaker not speaking :-?

I might also check that wire splice from the battery to the speaker, you never know lol

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

This is where you need to be soldering to on your speaker:

It sounds like you are also overheating the solder pad on the speaker, causing the glue to come loose. Pre-tin the wires, and then the pads on the speaker and then touch the iron to the wire as you touch the wire to the solder on the pad....it should only take a couple of seconds for the connection to be made.

I know this is a little late, too, but for what you've probably spent on speakers now, you could have bought this and saved yourself the hassle:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...lder-P315.aspx

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

JGJ whats that white stuff on your speaker? o.o

sometimes that white stuff is black. It is the glue that holds/protects the wires from the solder tabs to the voice coil.

If you look at one very closely, you may be able to see the two tiny wires embedded in it. Hopefully, better protected than the two on my last premium speaker.

If you use that section of the speaker to PRY the speaker out of the mount, you will get to order a new speaker from TCSS (just got my replacement today)

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan View Post
    sometimes that white stuff is black. It is the glue that holds/protects the wires from the solder tabs to the voice coil.

If you look at one very closely, you may be able to see the two tiny wires embedded in it. Hopefully, better protected than the two on my last premium speaker.

If you use that section of the speaker to PRY the speaker out of the mount, you will get to order a new speaker from TCSS (just got my replacement today)
    hehe

Okay, tried the direct battery to speaker test and there wasn't a pop. Which i figured i might have blown it. But I'm keeping it on hand to try again down the road.

Resized the pics to be a bit nicer size. I know they were a bit large... was rushing and using a friend's comp which doesn't have a whole lot to edit with. heh.

Cleaned up the wires a bit. putting on wraps for the solder points instead of the electrical tape. at the moment i was under time and funding constraints.
    and still working out the layout for the interior of the electronics and whatnot.

I went ahead and ordered and now received the 2-in-1 battery/speaker.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...lder-P315.aspx
    (which i should have all along)

Just a question of the wiring for that tough.
    There's the 3 (red, black, and brown) wires coming from the board.
    And the battery/speaker has those 3 and an additional, I'd say, blue-ish wire.
    I was wondering where that one goes, or gerally what the wiring would be like for that setup.
    Any info is very appreciated!

And thankyou everyone who's been helping me out and guiding me through everthign. Thankyou!
    Last edited by Dralin; 08-26-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Just a guy with a Lightsaber and some questions.

assuming Hasbro FX sound board, which has 3 wires running to the battery speaker:

Red= POWER+ and SPEAKER+
    Black=Power-
    Brown=Speaker-

Your battery pack has 4 wires

Red=Power+
    Black=Power-
    Blue=Speaker (+/-)
    Green=Speaker (+/-)

so:

Red<->Red+Blue
    Black<->black
    Brown<->green

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Thanks for the relink!

It's a MasterReplica soundboard.
    So yeah, sounds similar to the other wiring.

Just Y-off the Reds to the blue i guess.
    Yeah, it's a green on the pack.
    Sorry, i'm a bit color blind. It makes doing wiring loads of fun for me... =\
    Just a guy with a Lightsaber and some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dralin View Post
    It's a MasterReplica soundboard.
    So yeah, sounds similar to the other wiring.
    They are the exact same thing

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent