Thread: In need of asistance

Default In need of asistance

Here i s the situation:

I have a MR soundboard, powered by 7.4LiIon pack with a 5V regulator. I've used this several times, no issues.
    I am powering a LEDengin LED RGBA "GA" in series direct from the 7.4V pack (again, done this before, no issue)

I wired the "R" die to a mom switch to get a push button clash- this works
    I also wired a mom switch to the MR board's clash pads to get pushbutton clash sounds. - this works

Is there a way to get the clash light and sound on the same mom switch?
    maybe using a pcb or relay or something? When I try to wire them both to the same switch, I get voltage from the LED into the board and vice versa. I tried using a resistor to limit /cancel the voltage from the LED into the board, but..no.

Any help/advice/assistance you can give would be appreciated.

Here is a video of what I have, in case I wasn't clear.

Thank you!

Maybe try a DPDT momentary switch for your effects. I'd like to see the result of this.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

yeah, I am going to try that. But the DPDT switches are much larger than I want to use (in the new AV switch/mom switch/recharge port box)

Maybe use a small momentary switch with a Pololu circuit to activate the board and a DPDT from the store for the effects. Just a thought.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

We are thinking along the same lines. Thank you for the suggestions.
    But I need the main switch to be DPDT as well to turn on the board and the LED, as I am direct-drive-ing the LED.

Hmmm... Maybe some type of relay, driven from the board output, to activate the direct-drive? I'm just throwing out ideas. That is a new one on me.
    I am definitely interested in seeing the finished saber.

It might work with the pololu board.

I've been looking into that. I'm not sure how the wiring would work. Maybe I'll get one and play around with it. I hope that works.