Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: can somebody tell me what this part is.

Default can somebody tell me what this part is.

I know I ordered this from TCSS a couple of years ago. But I never used it and I can not for the life of me remember what it's for. (I believe its a driver but I cant remember if it was to use with a MR or a Hasbro board )

Council Member
    Sith Lord

That's a Corbin V2 board. It's a LED driver with ramp on/off effects but no sound. You can wire it with a MR board if you have the fu. Don't use it with a US/CF
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

wow 3 min I didnt think I would get a responce THAT fast LOL. I will have to search around and see if I can find a wiring diagram. My fu is ok if I have something to follow. (what the little momentary (guessing thats what that is) switch for? A clash affect?)

*edit* well found the diagrams. (whew dont know about this one.) Is it worth it?
    Last edited by morpheus1977; 08-16-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Look in cutaway views and wiring schematics, there are tons of diagrams there.

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

/\ /\ /\
    Yea I found them but the board I have is a little different. still looking aroung though.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You have the newer board. All that has changed is that it is now smaller. You just need to wire it by the markings on the PCB and you'll be good to go

its funny after looking through some threads I am starting to remember why I never wired it LOL, to fracken complicated for my level of fu. I was reading that you needed two clash sensors and a dpdt switch. So I dont think I can use it on my current saber it uses one of Tims illuminated switches with a Maul MR board.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Um, the illuminated switches are DPDT switches.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I didnt know that thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post

I'm sorry, not to thread jack or start the flaming, but J-LO..while I respect you for your wealth of knowledge and skill in both Star Wars and saber building...you really need to work on your...er...delivery of your responses.

I've seen so many condescending replies (whether your mean to or not) over the years I've lurked here, and I'm sorry to say but you COULD be much nicer about how you respond to people...just my two cents.

You could have simply stated that the illuminated switches are in fact DPDT, and perhaps pointed him to the store page where it mentions it, a particular thread, etc.

Not everyone has the same level of skill and knowledge as those of us who have been here a while, and the search engine for the forum doesn't always pull up the info you want unless you get the search params just right.

Now on with the show!
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!