Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My saber turns on while charging while configured for kill

Default My saber turns on while charging while configured for kill

So I build two similar sabers with exactly the same things except the colors of the switches for distinction. Anyway one still turns on when plugged in getting charged and the other one doesnt turn on while getting charged. I have a feeling it has something to do with the recharge port itself and my only concern is accidental turn on during charging. Which if it happens I can only guess maybe bad. Just curious if anyone had such a problem or am I alone. Thanks

Check all your leads and make sure there isn't a short somewhere. Is there a large heat buildup when it happens?

Sounds like you might have a wire reversed somewhere, though.

Check your wiring here.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=2235

Also, move the hilt around, does your led flicker at all? I had a short on my led neg that led to it grounding out and turning on when i plugged in the charger.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Unfortunately for me its not an mhs saber. So I can't just check it as easily. If I left it like that as long as I dont turn it on during charging, what's the worst thing that could happen? Also my led doesn't flicker when shaken. Thanks guys for your help.

I'm pretty sure you just wired your recharge port wrong, so it doesn't cut off the power when you plug the charger into the port.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by dj2rbo View Post
    Unfortunately for me its not an mhs saber. So I can't just check it as easily. If I left it like that as long as I dont turn it on during charging, what's the worst thing that could happen? Also my led doesn't flicker when shaken. Thanks guys for your help.
    I thought you said it was already on during charging? I don't see what 'turning it on' would change?

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I'm pretty sure you just wired your recharge port wrong, so it doesn't cut off the power when you plug the charger into the port.
    The weird thing about that is a kill key kills it..... but would it hurt anything if left this way is my question. As long as I dont turn it on while charging, would I be okay?

probably not, if you do not know where the current and voltage is going, who is to say you are not giving the LED all of the charging "juice" could be harmful...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Sounds to me like you either have a short or something wrong with your port since your port is working otherwise, but Someone more experienced might have a different opinion.

It sounds risky to me and I would rather re-wire the whole thing then take any risks. Imagine if you left it unattended while charging and it caused a fire.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 08-20-2010 at 01:16 PM.

SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    probably not, if you do not know where the current and voltage is going, who is to say you are not giving the LED all of the charging "juice" could be harmful...
    It charges fine, shuts off and turns green at 4. Something. I think ill leave it for now and see what will happen in the long run.... its a cheap 2010 board so in theory if I burn ALL my electronics then it shouldnt cost me more than 25$. I would like to hear from anyone who had this problem and thank you guys for all your help. It just sucks ill have to gut the whole inside to check for the fault. This step is literally the last step I do and I really need to change that. Maybe before I enter the cramfu.