Thread: RGB Strips

Default RGB Strips

I can't tell if it lights up on both sides, so it make be dark on one side if used inside a blade. But it's compareable to purchasing LEDs individually as far as price goes.

http://www.theledlight.com/flexible-RGB-strips.html

On the same site, I also found '5 MM LED Mini-Reflectors'. The LED sits inside a tiny reflector that focuses the light forward on a 5 degree path.
    Last edited by RevengeoftheSeth; 08-14-2010 at 10:27 AM.

I don't think these would really work for our purposes considering the amount of voltage required to illuminate the strips, plus the LED's are too far apart which when inserted into a blade would cause hotspotting and an uneven look.
    Follow Your Bliss

Yeah, after further reading, I don't really think they are 360 degree viewable either.

Would be nice if someone sold pre-assembled LED strings of super bright LEDs (like the ones Makoto uses) that were flexible enough for dueling. Not like EL strings.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    Yeah, after further reading, I don't really think they are 360 degree viewable either.
    Um, no. Not if they are on a flat ribbon. The best you could hope for would be 180°.

Would be nice if someone sold pre-assembled LED strings of super bright LEDs (like the ones Makoto uses) that were flexible enough for dueling. Not like EL strings.
    Sure it would be nice. But who's gonna make them? Tim's already busy enough. And it's not that a large niche in this hobby.

And, this is a DIY site, after all.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Um, no. Not if they are on a flat ribbon. The best you could hope for would be 180°.

Sure it would be nice. But who's gonna make them? Tim's already busy enough. And it's not that a large niche in this hobby.

And, this is a DIY site, after all.
    Never said Tim had to make anything. I'm talking about one of the LED specialty shops out there.

And it's no less DIY than buying your pre-assembled TCSS blades or Corbin blade.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

And it's no less DIY than buying your pre-assembled TCSS blades or Corbin blade.
    I had a feeling you were probably going to say something like this.

Though I've personally never bought any pre-made blades, I prefer to make them myself.

4 more till 5,000
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I had a feeling you were probably going to say something like this.

Though I've personally never bought any pre-made blades, I prefer to make them myself.

4 more till 5,000
    Great minds think alike.

And I prefer to make my own blade as well