Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Longsaber hilt

Default My Longsaber hilt

This will be a work in progress, but here's the body of the saber!

It doesn't look that long. Looks nice..how long is it? 13-14"?

That looks about as long as my first saber design.
    (All the parts being a bladeholder, choke, main body, adapter, extension, and pommel. )
    Id imagine its about how long CC said.

15.4" Depending i might increase the back extension later.

I like the design tho, well done. In my opinion you could leave it as is. but the extension would add that much more playroom with the electronics. Id say a win/win either way.

14" should be more then enough length for two of any sized hands and ample room for any electronics set-up.

My longsaber is 14" long and is the pefect length for my gorilla hands. I wouldn't go any longer though.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I make most of my personal sabers 13" - 14" and it works great for the times when you need a 2 handed grip.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

the saber I will build soon... has a length of 13.95" or 35.43 cm... I see it more as a THREE hander that big :P

In the movies the two handers weren't nearly as long as this will be, but I always wanted to make a three hander!
    Do... or do not, there is no try!

It's got a nice design to it. Although I prefer shorter hilts personally around 10.5" to 12". But I could see how the extra length provides an advantage when dueling and general "showing off". Nice work. How long of a blade are you planning on?
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.