Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Hilt

Banned

Default New Hilt

If I ever manage to get ahold of a CF, this is the saber I want to have made. Its basically 2 ribbed sections, blade holder 13, pommel 8 and a custom shroud with Qui-Gon like cut outs on top. Would probaby get Chrome Powder Coat on the main body, some copper on small parts of the emitter. Maybe not the most original, but I think it looks sleek and comfortable.

Youngling

I like it, what color are you planning for!

Banned

Well, I was thinking of getting a custom made Tri-Rebel with Green, Blue and Cyan, then getting it wired to use the green and cyan when its on, with the Blue kicking on during the clash and lock effect the new CF5 has. Think it would look cool.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The tri-Rebels aren't very good for our purposes. The colors don't mix well with the dies being so far apart. The narrowest optics are 18 degree lenses. The Rebel Endor Stars are a little better.

You're better off finding LEDs with all the colored dies under a single dome.

I'm not sure why you want to mix green and cyan, it's probably going to look green with the tiniest hit of blue.

I believe that most of the smiths are using the LEDEngin LEDs now.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Banned

Oh...well, good to know. Hmm. I dunno, was just trying to go for a more unique color. I had never heard of anyone doing sometihng like that, but I guess there's a reason why lol. Thank you.

I really like the design, I have been working on a similar design myself. However, the grip sections are incorrectly placed, just go back and check the threads. But i am pretty new so i could just be missing something.

I like this design, actually, the front part of the hilt reminds me of the Occasus. I wonder what type of switch and where do you plan to locate it, as it may not be so easy over ribbed extensions. Maybe, a look at the Occasus can give you clues on how to make it.

Banned

On top, in the middle section...though I was considering changing the pommel to one of the ones that can house a switch instead of the current one depicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    The tri-Rebels aren't very good for our purposes. The colors don't mix well with the dies being so far apart. The narrowest optics are 18 degree lenses. The Rebel Endor Stars are a little better.

You're better off finding LEDs with all the colored dies under a single dome.

I'm not sure why you want to mix green and cyan, it's probably going to look green with the tiniest hit of blue.

I believe that most of the smiths are using the LEDEngin LEDs now.
    LOL The info about the tri-rebels should be posted somewhere in big bold text for all to see. It seems like that topic comes up a lot.

The tri-rebels *could* be useful, if they were mounted in the same fashion that the endors were, with the emitters towards the middle. Probably for everyone BUT saber builders, it works better the way they are now.

Who wants a 5 degree flashlight beam

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build