Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yet another new guy...

Well, I finally ordered my blade, blade tip, and color disks last night. Hopefully by the middle of next week I should either be started on my build, or at least ordering the rest of my supplies. Yay!

Yeah, I've heard good things about the thickwalled blades (and even the thinwalled PolyCs can stand up to a kid jumping up and down on 'em if I remember it right), nightmarish things about the tips (summary: no type of adhesive works perfectly, keep some spares and some glue handy), and even worse horror stories about Acrylic blades (shattering = sharp = stuff just got real in a hurry).

If you end up wanting to dye your polyC blades, it's an option; use rit dye, about a whole box in 4 cups of water, add 1 cup acetone, stopper the ends up tight and give it about a half hour to set; I recommend getting an old glass pitcher or giant measuring cup to pour and also to catch the dye water when you're done, glass won't dye. This may weaken your polyC, but I'm not sure how noticably. You can get about the same effect with a blade diffuser film spooled up on the inside (also known as the dollar store translucent gift wrap), though the colors are limited.

Didja look at http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/D-...lder-P514.aspx for your tactical flashlight modding needs?
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?