Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another RGB LED question

Banned Sith Lord

BS!!!! it DOESNT work because i HAVE tried it. look at my shockwave that a put in my hardest work that obviously you guys obviously didn't care see. it has DUAL LEDengin 10 watt RGBAs and the lens holder WILL NOT FIT ON IT! . the reason is the LED housing on the LED is square. and the lens holders from TCSS is round. i don't know what LEDengin LEDs you're getting, but the ones i got had a square housing. i spent hours doing custom machine work to get everything to fit right with out the lens holder.
    so don't say i don't know what im talking about and I'm spreading ugly rumors, because i do know. i know very well. i don't know about you, but i haven't seen many double bladed RGBA color changing sabers that take full advantage of every die laying around FX and TCSS. i do not like being accused of spreading false rumors one bit after i put in months of my hardest work building an advanced color changing saber.

it is possible that you guys are getting different LEDs then me. i have about 10 of the RGBAs sitting on my desk right now, i am looking at them and every one of them has a square housing under the small dome. so the LENS holder WILL NOT FIT on it properly. you guys probably have different LEDs.

and for those that don't believe me: here are the dies to any of the 10 watt LEDengin LEDs.

notice its square. now here are the LENS holders: notice the round

i dont know hat you guys are doing, but the lense holder will not fit all the way down on the LED.
    Last edited by DJMoonbass; 08-15-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Easy there, fella. You're completely overreacting. I'm sure fenderbender was not serious when he said "ugly rumor."

But observe. I'm using a black lens holder here, but the shape is the same (I think), and I've done the same thing with the clear holders like the one in your photo.

To be sure, without modification, the holder "floats":

But a couple of snips...

...and, voilą:

No more floating. And no hours of custom machining necessary.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Banned Sith Lord

the thing is though i tried that and my blade holder didnt sit down all the way properly. it left a .047" opening if i remember corrently, and so i made spacer rings. hense the long machine work. the first i did i raised the LED, the other i used the lense holder and made spacer ring witch i found to be alot easier in the first place.

bleh. couldve done some stuff differently. thats for sure. and my apologies. had a very rough day today and shouldnt have taken it personally. i own up to that.
    again my apologies.

No problem. We all have those days, and sometimes it's hard to tell from cold text if someone is being facetious or serious.

.047"!? I have never even thought of measuring a gap of that size in my optics. For me, if it sits in place when everything's screwed in and a bright light comes out, that's good enough.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Banned Sith Lord

i used calipers. yeah sorry i was being very rude. and again i apologize.

i love the new 10 watts, i tell ya man those things are becoming popular alot of my personal sabers im makin have only 10 watts. i love em.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    the thing is though i tried that and my blade holder didnt sit down all the way properly. it left a .047" opening if i remember corrently, and so i made spacer rings. hense the long machine work. the first i did i raised the LED, the other i used the lense holder and made spacer ring witch i found to be alot easier in the first place.

bleh. couldve done some stuff differently. thats for sure. and my apologies. had a very rough day today and shouldnt have taken it personally. i own up to that.
    again my apologies.
    I don't have one handy, but could a K2 lens holder fit on the RGB? I have one in a saber right now, but I am loathe to disassemble it to check the holder The K2's are square, but have two of the corners chopped off on opposite each other. I can't remember if the K2 holder was square or had material in two corners to exactly fit.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I have never had to modify a lens holder for a LEDengin. As far as you being the only one here to make a double bladed color changing saber. Great. I DONT do those. Mostly because it's kinda pointless to me. Second, each die by itself isn't as powerful as a good single color LED of any other brand and isn't really "taking advantage of every dice". So until I get a good system figured out for the 40W RGBW I wouldn't even bother. I was merely stating that it works without mods and to tell someone that it doesn't when others do it all the time is "spreading misinformation".

If you're going to blow up every time someone corrects you, and challenge the knowledge of people who STILL know and have done more than you, you're going to have a hard time.
    Last edited by FenderBender; 08-22-2010 at 07:10 AM.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

the classic RGBs are wierd. the ones people tend to use are the Seoul Q5s since its R B and G are under one dome. but the traditional RGBs were three seperate domes and you had to use a speciall lense and only certain people made them.

so with a seoul Q5 you can use any lense.
    Where can I find a Seoul Q5, not much luck with Google

I think that was a typo. Try searching for Seoul P5 instead.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

yeah definitely a typo/error. the single color Seouls are P4 and the RGBs are P5.the LEDengin RGBW/RGBA and CREE RGBW LEDs are also fun to work with. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...