Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My hilt and blade parts!

If I remember correctly, Hasbro boards can't be driven... Though knowing me, I might be wrong. Ask J-Lo, I bet she knows.
    Sometimes, you don't even realize you're being consumed by the Dark... Until it's too late.

Hmmm, the driven ones are the MR's and Hasbro FX ones?
    The whole extending and retracting is an absolute NEED! So please tell me wich board I need then!
    Do... or do not, there is no try!

Quote Originally Posted by Rian Jardrit View Post
    Hmmm, the driven ones are the MR's and Hasbro FX ones?
    The whole extending and retracting is an absolute NEED! So please tell me wich board I need then!
    if you have to have the extend and retract you MUST purchase a Force FX board made by either Hasbro or Master Replica. You will also need to wire you segments with the different leads off the board in order to take advantage of the microcontroller. (and by the way Mazaki, its the LED that is driven, not the board)
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

thnx, thought it was those two, MR and Hasbro FX.

Was affraid it wouldn't be THAT easy!

I will look in to it some more, and start roaming teh internetz foar a Hasbro FX... else... I will just close my eyes when I ignite the saber and THINK it will extend and retract! :P
    Last edited by Rian Jardrit; 08-12-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Also keep in mind, that you will need to use an LED ladder in conjunction with this board in order to get this effect.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Basically the MR boards are too quick to make a noticable fade.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

hmmm, well hearing you two, I'd say I'll wait with the LED driver and just use a Buckpuck for now, and later on modify it, when I have the knowledge and skills! It's my first saber ffs... :S I want MORE! And I know I shouldn't... (wait... that sounds like a movie line!)

Think I'll hit town tonight and look if I can find the cheapy hasbro sabers, the Clone Wars version, right? Heard some via youtube, but at the moment the Obi-Wan version sounds the best...

Rian, you need to remove the link in your signature. This is a family oriented site.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Done and... DONE! soz... didn't knew, thnx for notification.