Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Costuming group for minors

Kind of an offshoot of the 501st/rebel legion

http://www.galactic-academy.com/index.html
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

i think thats a group mainly for people under 10, i believe he means maybe an under 17 costuming group, one group that i would like to join also, being 15 in a months time

TCSS Resident Annoyance
    NOOBS: Don't be annoying, thats my job, GO HERE

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No. If you think that, then you must have missed something. There are 3 age groups: 0-7, 8-12, and 13-17.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

i saw nothing that said anything about 3 age groups on the galactic academy page, and judging by the looks of the members they're all between 1 and 12 years old

TCSS Resident Annoyance
    NOOBS: Don't be annoying, thats my job, GO HERE

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

http://www.galactic-academy.com/faq.html

Scroll down and look at the patches.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 08-18-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Yes it is basically in its infancy but the general idea and thought is/was to get the young ones who suit up with their parents (0-7) into something similar to what their parents are in. 8-12 to enjoy the company of other like minded children and 13-17 to get their gear set for eventual inclusion into one of the many Star Wars Costuming groups (not just the RL or 501st)

The Academy encourages costumers from both the Empire and the Republic, so no matter what your age or affiliation you will find a home with us. If you have a Star Wars costume, Imperial or Republic, and you are under 18 years of age, the Galactic Academy is the place for you.
    Simply follow the instructions below on how to join.

The Galactic Academy charges nothing for admission. All we require is a picture to post on the site, permission from the parents (in the form of an email stating name, relation, and permission) to post the picture, and information for the cadet's profile (see applications information below).
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Throwing my own 2 cents in since I just turned 15.

I looked at the members as well and honestly, very few of them are older 12. I think this is simply because teens don't really wanna sign up for something with a bunch of little kids on it. I think it would be better to have something reminiscent of 501st or Rebel Legion reserved just for kids between 13-17. Maybe as a precursor to help them go on to the RL or 501st. I wouldn't join the Academy because of the reason I stated and I'd want to go to conventions with other kids my age.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands