Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Sabers for the kids

Youngling

ouch, no one seems to get this via the internet.... i think i need to tone down i keep on this path im gonna end up like J-LO,

I was merely saying and trying to encourage you to get some better pics asap!, It looked like you had some awesome sabers, I WANT TO SEE MORE!!! I like the detail in the emitter and the screen you used now that we can see them better, it looks like you leaned some style from Midian who is the master!
    Keep up the awesome work and stay strong, no harm meant! I know what it means to have someone , who you think is wrongly saying bad things about your work, you are proud of your work and you should be its awesome. Again sorry if you took it the wrong way!

Im pretty sure everyone needs to switch to decaf
    Last edited by HAVOK; 08-09-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK View Post
    ouch, no one seems to get this via the internet.... i think i need to tone down i keep on this path im gonna end up like J-LO,

I was merely saying and trying to encourage you to get some better pics asap!, It looked like you had some awesome sabers, I WANT TO SEE MORE!!! I like the detail in the emitter and the screen you used now that we can see them better, it looks like you leaned some style from Midian who is the master!
    Keep up the awesome work and stay strong, no harm meant! I know what it means to have someone , who you think is wrongly saying bad things about your work, you are proud of your work and you should be its awesome. Again sorry if you took it the wrong way!

LOL no harm no foul! Yeah I got a lot of ideas from a lot of folks on here, but yes Midian gave me tons of help and he doesn't even know it!! His pictorials are amazing!!

JR, those hilts are sweet. I really like the green one. If you don't mind me saying so, I think you may want to try using button head screws on your hilt, unless that is part of the design. Don't get me wrong, that's a great looking hilt. It's just a thought. I bet the kids love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    It's a blast watching kids play with lightsabes.
    We play every night together, and I love every minute!! Eventually dad will become not so kool, but until then WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JRD1 View Post
    We play every night together, and I love every minute!! Eventually dad will become not so kool, but until then WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!
    I know what you mean. I'm dreading the day when my kids start to think I'm not all knowing & powerful OZ. I do have while before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    I know what you mean. I'm dreading the day when my kids start to think I'm not all knowing & powerful OZ. I do have while before that happens.
    I saw the pictures of your kids that is sick that they all have sabers. I am designing mine next and am tossed up wether to do a PVC with sound or not... I have the design in my head and as close as I can get it on paper. I am wondering how many pieces of PVC overlay I will ruin getting it just right!LOL It should be fun though. This will be a Sith saber. I begin cutting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK View Post
    LOL!!! We were just talking about that...

OP, awesome! Sadly my dad, brother and I never played with lightsabers when we were younger. Something i intend to correct with my kids (when ever i have any!)

Really liking the PVC sabers more and more, but personally i would be worried about the lack of feel the metal one's give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    LOL!!! We were just talking about that...

OP, awesome! Sadly my dad, brother and I never played with lightsabers when we were younger. Something i intend to correct with my kids (when ever i have any!)

Really liking the PVC sabers more and more, but personally i would be worried about the lack of feel the metal one's give me.
    Well there are the obvious reasons why people choose them, cost and durability were my two big ones. I also like the cutting and sanding parts. I like working with my hands on wood and cars, so the PVC sabers fit my personality. I will try a metal one sometime, just not yet!