Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Xwing's clear saber

Cool saber x-wing. You should be able to see mechanical problems very easy. EX: loose wire and/broken part.

Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Just so no one thinks I forgot... with all that's gone on I haven't been hopping to get this done. I'm taking my time. Like today I soldered in the switch wires and recharge port to let it charge.

Between tomorrow and Friday I should have it ready to light. Not done, but ready to be turned on (I have cosmetic changes that I will reveal later). I have the switches (Gah, four pots and a DPDT [xx(]) and the LED. After that it's slide the guts in.[|)]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Lookin' good. Keep pluggin' and remember that takin' your time get's ya a saber that yer proud of[]

<center></center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">takin' your time get's ya a saber that yer proud of<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

so true

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.

Blog Entries

Default any updates

How is this project progressing? Any new pictures?
    Cheers,
    -V
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I just need to solder pots and slide it in. I might do it this weekend since I don't have much Architecture stuff to do.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I'm really pumped about your saber. It's coming along nicely. Xwing, I think this'll really blow the doors wide open and throw the gauntlet down for others to attempt clear sabers.
    There is no apathy; there is Compassion.
    There is no fear; there is Faith.
    There is no despair; there is Hope.
    There is no hate; there is Love.
    There is no death; there is Christ

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, Corbin did his quite a while ago. He's updating his though... maybe a dual unveiling? I've been rather busy with school so soldering the last few things hasn't been too urgent. Due to a Prof being out of town I don't have classes tomorrow. I'll get my work done then and spend this weekend on sabers.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Default Clear sabers anyone?

Hi all
    Looking good Xwing. I look forward to seeing it completed.

It's true, I HAVE been upgrading my clear saber. It won't look terribly different externally, except for the inclusion of some cooling slots near the heatsink. It'll have the same driver as before most likely. I'm replacing the 4 AA batteries with a 7.2V Li-Ion pack and upgrading to a green K2 instead of the red/orange 3 watter I had before. Having rechargeables will mean a recharge port as well.

To quote an old Jedi Master, "There is another"

I'm probably going to have another clear saber done up in the next few months as well. It will have more machined aluminum parts on it, but will retain the clear body to show off a new type of setup I'm hoping will be finished soon.

Corbin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Oooo... cool. Two weeks for my winter break and this is getting finished. It's just tedious soldering to do. With the exception of the pots it's ready to be slid together.

Now is not very condusive to saber building. I have finals really soon.
    RED LEADER Standing by!