Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Erv, our french connection

Erv, I am most impressed. Not only with the fact that you designed and built this module yourself, taking into account all of our wants and needs, but also that it is obviously so versatile.

I realize you've got a handful of these for sale right now, but any word when you'll have sufficient stock that certain people (me) can order en masse and not screw other people over by depleting your stock right away?

I've yet to purchase a single one myself for testing and evaluation, but if this is as good as it appears to be, I do believe this module will be the only offered electronics package offered by my saber-building business.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

en messe? Dang, how many are you going to buy?

hehe, I recognize the chair reference.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

erv, somewhere in one of these two topics you said that Buttered Toast is compatible with the wireless system...
    Can you elaborate on that at all?

-Is there something else that you need to buy separately?

-Does it already transmit and you just need a receiver?

-Can this be tuned to work with your typical professional wireless microphone system that I just happen to have access to many?
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

so... about the wireless thing : An emitter can be attached to the board. It's a MIDI transmitter, to be connected to a MIDI wireless receiver. Can be added later. This is what I call "omnisabers" on my electronic page. Can handle at least 4 or 5 sabers, but the software is scalable. I've already made a couple of these, and the professionnal customers I'm making sabers for will use it for stage performance !
    You can also attach a wireless transmitter to the in the hilt version without a problem. I used to put the schematic in the previous version of the sound board (at the end of the user's manual). Just 2 wires to hook up, ground and sound, just after the volume pot. Of course, if the transmitter is on the belt, it reduces the possibility to throw the saber from a hand to another, but it can be done. Attaching the transmitter to the hilt is also an option !
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

I definitely would like to know more about the omnisabers thing...

I think BOP III will be far too complex for me to try to do the sound effects "in the can" like the other two soundtracks.

Especially because we'll have about 10-14 total fighters (much like BOP I)...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

novastar,
    we will soon exchange about that ! I'm too busy this week processing orders, and soldering,
    but by the WE that should be better ! I'll give you the details about omnisabers. Then you'll be able to translate that into normal saber geek language and post here,
    it will save bunch of people from headaches due to my EE language
    Need to rest,
    Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

For the record, I think you communicate JUST fine with all of us... but hey, I'm here to help.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

but I like the EE language...
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers