Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: question

It can if it uses a kill key but you said you plugged it into the charger & it flashed. It doesn't sound like it's isolated.

yes but it was supposed to be, the 3 lead recharge port :O is it possible i attached the leads the wrong way?

tried it, that wasnt the problem, it has to be the driver

Are you sure it isn't a short on the board itself? Possible that when you cracked it that you popped a lead on the board, too.

i see no other damage at all, no solder bridges or anything

It may be a microscopic fracture on a lead. If the current arcs over the broken lead you can damage the electronics around it. You need to get a jewlers loop and look very closeley at the leads.

this is almost too much work for a hobby lol. if worse comes to worse ill buy a resister. and im pretty sure that it was the tallest thing that was crushed and thats the only reason why it cracked

If only the ferrite shield was damaged it would still work. There must be more damage. Take your time & have patience with cram fu.

lol, well before bed last night i did one more test, i teest i SHOULD have started with. im pretty sure my led released the white smoke... . i tried just it with some alkalines that i know work and it no work. so i tried all the hilt electronics with a different led that i know works and it is still stopped at the driver