Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: question

Unhappy question

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ad...iver-P497.aspx

i got this and wired it up, i was happy with everything so i desoldered what i had to to shove ecerything into my hilt. problem came when i had it re wired and was cramming everything in, i pushed too hard and CRUNCH i broke the big black box thing. anyone know what this is so that i may find a new one and fix it?

Are you referring to the biggest black chip on the board?

im referring the the big black box that has coils inside it, possibly some kind of transformer or something to the left of the dip switches

That is the inductor. I you damaged that you probably ripped the pads off the board. Pic?

no, the damage was i broke the casing of it, i didnt think it would matter and it worked at first. one part did come off the board but i soldered that back down, ill throw up a pic ina min,

Well, googling DR125-680, I find a Coiltronics DR series High Power Density, High Efficiency, Shielded Inductor, 68uH rated. I found a few suppliers for them online, but the trouble with most of these places (electronic clearing houses that is) is that you have 30-50 dollar minumum purchases. You might find some that will sell a single part, but you will pay more in shipping than the part costs.

You also have to factor in de-solder and re-soldering this piece onto the board. It might require some special equipment. I don't know since I haven't seen one of those boards up close.

There is also the possibility that when this part broke, it may have damaged another component on the board.

In all honesty, you might be better off just buying a new board to begin with.

ok, right after i broke it, i tried it and it still worked, well then i hot glued t to keep the rest of it together and shoved it all in again and it still worked, it wasnt till the pololu board came that i had issues, i got it ALL working and was happy with it, my batterys were all good, brightness was good, i was happy with it. i go to charge it . first i turn it off, then i plug in the charger, then i plug the charger into the wall and immediately it flashed then went out, didnt think it was a big deal untill it was charged and i unplugged it. it wouldnt turn on, so i break it all open and my pololu light still works , wverything up to the driver works, i tested by using a spare white led that fired up as normal at the board inputs, at the outputs, nothing. my multimeter is broken tho so i have no readings

i guess its possible i tripped my protection circut again and im only getting 3.7v instead of my 7.2

I can't tell anything from that pic. Your battery pack should be isolated electrically when charging. Try recharging the pack & start over. It sounds like your driver won't stand up to shocks anymore.

will my recharge port not isolate it? afterall it does have the internal normaly closed switch
    Last edited by hrdwarhax; 08-06-2010 at 11:27 AM.