Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Mace Windu Conversion

Good find fawnheart. That may be where I get some to send out with sabers.

I like using my big grip ones or my Craftsman set that is all in a fold up deal like a pocket knife.

Don't forget that Tim has the ones we use in stock as well.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Just finished my Mace conv. I tried the 5v relay with no luck. I messed with the wiring and found a way that lit up the K2 very nice. I did not use the positive that is normally used. The + came from the orange wire directly from the battery. It seems to make the K2 brighter. Hope this helps someone.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

what blade are you using?

great work on that BTW
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

He's using the stock blade if I'm not mistaken... you can tell by the ring at the top. That's the edge of a mirror catching the light.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

so im in the same mace process here trying to figure out best result...
    I will be using k2 white high intensity or whatever + lee filter, do clo suggested...now in terms of wiring, should i just use the mr maces electronics for drivin led? someone said 950mah in the mr which is ok for a 1000mah k2white?

or should i just use a driver on top of the mr mace?

thanks,

Default mace conversion

as a foreword i can tell a difference between a k2 run off the mr and a k2 with a relay between it and the mr... but its alot more work to use the relay, its not a very reliable part to add into the wiring, and imo not worth the hassle

use the diagram for the vader and you cant miss, and it is much brighter than using a 3w. the 5w is an option with a little more work, if in the future you plan on going rechargeable with this hilt let me know and ill walk you thru upgrading to a 5w white

Okay I have looked at the Tutorials and my friend broke the blade but the Led Strip is still intact and another fellow Jedi has donated a replacement blade, I recommended Conversion to a Lux but she wants it stock. My big question is will I have to completely tear down this Lightsaber just to change the Blade? Just to expain I have never converted a MR yet. Any advice or Help is appreciated. Thanks.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I haven't taken apart a mace, but on the annakin the pins holding the blade in were the very last thing I had to remove, I would bet the other sabers are the same requiring a complete breakdown to change out the blade.

Ok here is my next question the donor blade is not from a Mace but it looks like the same Dia and Lenght, I would think it is compatable?
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------