Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mace Windu Conversion

Default Mace Windu Conversion

i'm looking at the tutorial and can see no difference between the 2005 version and the 2004 version, they look the same. so my question is, why wouldn't the conversion work on the 2004 version?

Help me OB Wayne, you're my only hope.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, they could be different sizes, but from all accounts the AOTC and ROTS version are interchangable. Tim's probably just covering his butt.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

well if that's the case, i would like to know if it would be possible, whether reccomended or not, to use the conversion kit.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If someone wants to try it I will change the title. I dont see why it wouldnt work but I dont have one to try it on.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

well, it just so happens that i do have one and will try it out when the kits and leds are back in stock. i will let you know how it turns out at that time.

I don't want to create a new topic for this question, but it's not anything I found specifically answered else. Actually the answer may be obvious enough that I shouldn't have had to ask anyway.

If I buy the conversion kit what else to I need?

I'm kidding, don't hurt me.

Really though, once a conversion is done on the Windu does the stock MR blade just slide in? Is there anything like a screw or rod holding it in place, or is it snug enough to stay by itself? Also I'm going to assume that the blade isn't going to look exactly right because the MR blade doesn't have a reflector at the tip.

One other question. I had started taking my saber apart before I found this page (bought used, one section of LEDs was out) so I didn't realize only the switch gold piece needed to come off, is there a certain type of glue you guys would recommend to resecure the other pieces?

The MR blade will NOT fit - it's too small.

There are three blade retention scews in the emitter collar. (Tim actually forgot to send them in my kit, but I was able to make due with three screws from my R/C tools; and I keep forgetting to email Tim about it).

You don't need to glue any parts other than the part of the forward rubber grip that you have to peel back. Even then, the factory sticky stuff might still hold, if you are careful. Just use some Krazy Glue/Super Glue.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/</center>

I've used the kits on the older models, they work fine.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

looking at the tutorial, i can't find what kind of set screw is used (size or style) for the end section, can someone let me know what it is.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i think that there are three screws holding the blade in for the conversion. as far as i know they come with the kit and go where the original three screws went in the emitter