Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bertuzzi’s "Mediator V3" (MHS - CF V5 – crystal chamber – Cree RGBW) - WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    If you don't have the board, then what's that thing in the backround of the last pic?
    I believe that is a version 4.x

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Sorry I had too...
    Last edited by const; 08-25-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: setting flub up on flickr

I can't see it

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

At last I found the time to work on the Mediator.
    First I drafted the shapes of the overlay and taped in on the tube so I had an orientation when cutting it.

After that I spent some time in sanding the edgings. Then I drilled holes for the switches.
    I thought the powdercoating could be a problem but I only had to abrade the inner surface of the overlay for a few seconds with a dremel and voila – it worked.

Now I cut the other part of the overlay and also abraded it roughly.

At the moment I’m polishing the overlay and I hope I will finish this soon. The last step to complete the hilt would be the LED mountings for the switches.

I just finished the hilt. The only thing which was missing was to glue in the led-mountings for the switches. Therefor I abraded two 5mm LEDs and cut the LED-mounts.
    This is the result:

I hope to finish the saber by the end of January. I was able to get a CF so it shouldn’t take too long to bring this to an end.
    Another thought I made is to rebuild the full chassis. Since Tim offers the chassis disks there are so many unimagined possibilities …

Nice work! Clean and elegant... I like the LED mounts.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Looking very nice. Great lines on the shroudwork. I'm curious though, are those LED mounts intended to illuminate, or are they just decorative covers for the switches? If they do illuminate, I'd love to know how you're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Looking very nice. Great lines on the shroudwork. I'm curious though, are those LED mounts intended to illuminate, or are they just decorative covers for the switches? If they do illuminate, I'd love to know how you're doing it.
    Unti now I didn't find a method to lighten up the LEDs so I think they will just stay decorative caps for the switch.

Like'n the progress on this. Keep up the great work.
    Yub Yub Commander.

After a long time I finally got my CFs (damn, so small). I hope I can finish the saber soon.

I just need a li-ion now - and a new soldering iron. Mine is disused.