Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Tahm View Post
    I've got to point it out! One of the things about Tim's shroud material is the fact that it's aluminum not chromed brass like most sink tubes are. I think there are some gorgeous brass sabers (Jay Gon's for example) but I couldn't own one. Also depending on what the shroud looks like if the brass interior were visible and the exterior was still chromed that would drive me even more nuts. Anyways I thought I'd say it just so you're fully aware of the difference.
    Correction...the sinktubes in the TCSS store are very very nice quality chrome plated brass....http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/1-...-tube-P84.aspx

You're referring to the aluminum sleeve material which is thicker and more difficult to cut then sinktube....http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...rial-P468.aspx
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 08-02-2010 at 04:26 AM.

hey one last question. what is a good way to add weathering to a light saber emitter i was thinking paint and then dremmeling it off or well atr least make it looks like carbon burns or something like that

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Painting a saber, then selectively removing the paint can be a simple, yet effective weathering technique.

I just finished a saber where I scratched the daylights out of it with 80 grit sandpaper then painted it. Once the paint had cured, I sanded most of the paint off with fine sandpaper, leaving only the paint in the deep scratches.

I thought it looked pretty cool.

do you hae any pictures of it i may be able to check out to get some ideas

Council Member
    Jedi Master