Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Avdeux" a Petit Crouton Saber by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    I'm liking the shroud, it's a great looking saber. I really like the true purple led, that's a perfect purple.
    I think I have the color mix nailed at this point. Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Great saber. LDM. I love the aux switch set up, among other things.

The wrinkle gold PC looks spectacular, reminds me of ancient gold artifacts. But it sure sounds like a pain in the butt to achieve!
    It is. I know I said 12 layers, but it may actually be more (I literally lost track). You have ot bake the gold for half hour incrememnts, then add the next coat and repeat. It also takes 3 types of gold to get this effect. The first coat was hammered copper followed by hammered gold then 3-4 layers antique gold and 4+ layers of bright gold.

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    very cool saber LDM ....wouldn't expect anything less....
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by HepatitvsJ View Post
    looks great as always LDM. I like the emitter but I'm with J-lo on the wrinkled gold PC...I would love to hear how you did that.
    See above . and thank you
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Very innovative I like the switch trick and the "bonnet" trick!!! Pop her open and give her a service and tune anytime w/o ripping it into pieces. Nice!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Very innovative I like the switch trick and the "bonnet" trick!!! Pop her open and give her a service and tune anytime w/o ripping it into pieces. Nice!
    The sliding grip "bonnet" trick is an Obi-Dar technique. At least he is the first place that I saw it used. Forgot to give him props!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Very cool. As much as I think this saber has a nice look with the paint, it looked so nice in all aluminum as well. Nice to see it at that stage. The blade holder overlay threw me off at first but once I saw all angles I really do like it. While the PC soundboard is a great addition to the boards we have to work with it's funny/disappointing to see the sensor going of when there's no movement...unless you're having some tremors out there! I feel the same about MR swing sensors.

Of course it's obviously much better then an MR
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 08-04-2010 at 04:17 AM.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Awesome saber LDM!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

This should tell you all you need to know.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=23894.0