Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Avdeux" a Petit Crouton Saber by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking "Avdeux" a Petit Crouton Saber by LDM

"Avdeux" inspired by Auretus

This saber has been on the drawing board for a very long time. It all started with a FUBAR'd MHS grip section. I hate to waste, so I decided to build a saber around it. I really enjoyed doing the custom pommel and hand-cut Chevrons on the original Auretus, so I thought I would refine the design somewhat. Nary an MHS piece on this saber is untouched my machine-fu (except for the hand-cut shroud). It ended up as quite a departure from the original so I decided to call this an inspired by or evolutionary saber instead of a V2 (there will also be one of those, but it will have a CF V5). With the delivery of the first tester Petit Crouton's I fast forwarded this project. The gold wrinkle is a 10 layer 5-bake enamel. It was the most difficult finish that I have ever tried and although I am still not 100% happy with it, I decided to call it good. Since the PC uses an Aux switch, I also decided to try something completely new (a custom machined brass plungered tactile switch set in a delrin assembly) so the aux switch is kinda trick. It is also in the perfect place for 'stealth use' since it sits right under my index finger. The grip section slides off to reveal the electronics for easy servicing and is held in place by the CT wheel.

I am proud to present Avdeux.

The Particulars:
    Petit Crouton V1.1 w/Lightmeat font
    TruPurple LED
    (2) 5mm Violet LED Crystal Pommel
    TCSS HO SPeaker
    7.4V Li-ion w/2.1mm recharge/kill in pommel
    Custom machined MHS and brass accents
    10-layer gold textured enamel (5-bake)
    UV-ring antivandal
    Custom Brass Aux switch
    Custom Brass Kill key

The BMT:

The Glams:

Selected Build Pix:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I will have to "borrow" your switch trick.
    Nice build LDM.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Xusia View Post
    I will have to "borrow" your switch trick.
    Nice build LDM.

please do
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

I'm not 100% diggin' the blade holder shroud, but I like the rest. Pretty cool overall.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Total crap. I think you should send it to me for proper "disposal"

Very cool man, welcome back to customs Looks great and I see we are having fun with the new lathe. Very Kegger'ish, actually more than inspired by Auretus. Still, looks great!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Total crap. I think you should send it to me for proper "disposal"

Very cool man, welcome back to customs Looks great and I see we are having fun with the new lathe. Very Kegger'ish, actually more than inspired by Auretus. Still, looks great!
    LOL, many influences it has (life experience I guess ) She is definitely K3GR1-Aqua-ish too. I'll send it right over for proper disposal. Thanks Fender.

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    I'm not 100% diggin' the blade holder shroud, but I like the rest. Pretty cool overall.
    I knew it would be a love or hate type of shroud. Thanks man
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 07-31-2010 at 09:30 AM.

I'm liking the shroud, it's a great looking saber. I really like the true purple led, that's a perfect purple.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great saber. LDM. I love the aux switch set up, among other things.

The wrinkle gold PC looks spectacular, reminds me of ancient gold artifacts. But it sure sounds like a pain in the butt to achieve!
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

very cool saber LDM ....wouldn't expect anything less....

looks great as always LDM. I like the emitter but I'm with J-lo on the wrinkled gold PC...I would love to hear how you did that.