Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blade question.

Default Blade question.

I've been lurking around for a couple weeks ordering parts here and there as i figure stuff out. But the blade still has me frustrated. I'm going to otakon in MD the coming weekend and I trying to figure out what is the best combo/setup/etc for blade/diffuser/film to get the blue rebel to Show evenly and bright as possible(not really worried about core effect) in a light environment.[(and to really stand out at night.) will be all show no..clash?]

I get that its a lot of trial and error but i was hoping for some expert input on what to go with since I don't have that much time to mess around with different setups.

Thanks in advance!

It all comes down to a matter of personal choice probably the easiest solution is one of the translucent polycarbonate blades from TCSS
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

I've been meaning to get this question answered myself. I have a blade from Ultra-sabers and a blade from TCSS.

I picked up http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/LE...-OD--P227.aspx from TCSS.

My Ultra-sabers blade is -much- more even but overall weak, while the TCSS blade is very strong at the hilt, and incredibly weak at the end.

I'm not sure what the wrapping really does for the blade or how I can get the most even blade from TCSS, as I'd rather keep my business with Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by ashencross View Post
    I've been meaning to get this question answered myself. I have a blade from Ultra-sabers and a blade from TCSS.

I picked up http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/LE...-OD--P227.aspx from TCSS.

My Ultra-sabers blade is -much- more even but overall weak, while the TCSS blade is very strong at the hilt, and incredibly weak at the end.

I'm not sure what the wrapping really does for the blade or how I can get the most even blade from TCSS, as I'd rather keep my business with Tim.
    Read this, it may answer your questions:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7274

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The trans whith thinwall blade at TCSS has great results even with out any diffusion. Just be sure to get the reflective blade tip with it.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Read this, it may answer your questions:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7274
    I've been looking at your tut for couple days. How would you say it looks with lights on? and other question for you is, when you have the film on the dowel rod do you just place the dowel in the tube and slide the film off?

Quote Originally Posted by Sindeki View Post
    I've been looking at your tut for couple days. How would you say it looks with lights on? and other question for you is, when you have the film on the dowel rod do you just place the dowel in the tube and slide the film off?
    Are you talking indoors with the lights on? Depends on how many lights you have on....my clear, internally sanded blades light up fine indoors under natural lighting, and even indoors at hockey arenas. The same can be said with my TCSS Trans-white blades. Outdoors is another matter entirely. On a sunny day, you can't see almost any blade light up, no matter what led you're using.

As to your second question, yes. Sometimes, depending on how tight you roll it on the dowel, you may need to "reverse roll" your dowel inside the film roll to get the dowel to slide out.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Are you talking indoors with the lights on? Depends on how many lights you have on....my clear, internally sanded blades light up fine indoors under natural lighting, and even indoors at hockey arenas. The same can be said with my TCSS Trans-white blades. Outdoors is another matter entirely. On a sunny day, you can't see almost any blade light up, no matter what led you're using.

As to your second question, yes. Sometimes, depending on how tight you roll it on the dowel, you may need to "reverse roll" your dowel inside the film roll to get the dowel to slide out.

it would be a convention center. as for your trans-white blade, no Diffusion? and that compared to your dual core Diffusion which would you say is brighter better looking method.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindeki View Post
    it would be a convention center. as for your trans-white blade, no Diffusion? and that compared to your dual core Diffusion which would you say is brighter better looking method.
    They should be fine in a convention center. I've been to The Palace of Auburn Hills near Detroit for a Star Wars in Concert performance, and my sabers lit up just fine.

I use about 6 feet of clear cellophane/polypropylene gift wrap in the Trans white blades as well. I find that it evens the blade more than the blade stock alone, and helps hide the mirror on the blade tip. I've noticed with the blade held at an angle that without diffusion, the Trans-white blade (thin-walled) in transparent enough that you can actually see the mirror on the tip. The polyp helps hide it by making the blade less-transparent.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Honestly though, the trans white blades (like the Ultraedge) will reflect more ambient lighting thus reducing any blade lighting you may see with a clear blade. That said, the trans white blades look 1000 times better with film in it to even out and will look VERY full and even at night. A clear blade, externally sanded (helps to reduce reflection of ambient light and helps make the blade appear fuller) with 3-6 ft of poly p will probably get you the best looking blade indoors. How it looks and compares to the "white" blades at night is purely a subjective opinion.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS