Thread: epIII and communicator greeblie tutorial

Default epIII and communicator greeblie tutorial

Hi guys. I figured I throw up what I've been working on the last few days.
    I figured some might find this interesting. When I first saw these on the vader ep III saber, I knew I wanted some. When I built my communicator, I tried to outsource the piece. Turned out it was a Plastic bead. This was okay for the communicator, but I wanted metal on a saber. I thank master Do-Clo for the inspiration to get back into the shop while in limbo. Anyway, without further adieu here it is. First I started with a piece of brass big enough to make two (thanks to slothfurnace for that idea).

Next, I taped my graph paper to it. Drew two equilateral triangles and drilled holes on all the points. It kind of resembles pips on a die.

Here it is with the arc needed to fit flush to the saber. This Is why I did both together.

Now it was time to cut them apart. I also drilled and tapped a 4-40 hole. This helps to give it something to put in the chuck, and will be how it attaches later.

Next I put it on a lathe to get the rest of the work done. It's starting to take shape. Some of my measurements were off, however now is a good time to do some filling if need be.

And voila here it is.

I just need to get a 4-40 brass screw now. Hope you guys enjoyed this-A

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ari-jaq xulden View Post
    Hi guys. I figured I throw up what I've been working on the last few days.
    First of all... EWWWWWWWW, secondly, that had to hurt going down

Seriously though, that is really cool, love watching threads where people make parts... its inspiring!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Well it takes an iron stomach to swallow metal and regurgitate manufactured parts. Seriously though thanks a lot.I was Inspired to make these so hopefully I am paying it forward.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.