Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pommel inserts

Quote Originally Posted by Vazan Maceu View Post
    Another way around:

- Grab a paperclip and unfold it. Pick a tube with an OD adequate to the pommelīs ID. Put the unfolded paperclip against the tube and fold it carefully around it, givin it the shape of a c-clip, and cut it to size. Fold the tips inward and voilá, instant c-clip. A clip made this way will let you position it properly in the pommel, thus securing the insert. You should now have something like this:

Good luck!
    My fingers thank you for this great tip. I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    That's not going to damage the C-clip industry.
    I meant in the store, and I was joking
    Last edited by Skottsaber; 07-25-2010 at 03:38 AM.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

thanks, everyone, for all the help

Maybe I'm a little dense, but just by looking at that clip I can't tell how it is supposed to be inserted to keep the pommel insert in place. Can someone tell me how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Elf View Post
    Maybe I'm a little dense, but just by looking at that clip I can't tell how it is supposed to be inserted to keep the pommel insert in place. Can someone tell me how that works?
    Easy. Once you have shaped your homemade c-clip, you just put your insert into place, and then unbend the clip a little so it presses against the pommelīs inner edge (above the insert). Itīll fit into that narrow space.

Donīt know if itīd be adequate to make a small tutorial, since Tim sells clips made just for this application. I had to whip up this because I forgot to order a c-clip in my first order (now I double check my orders everytime I include a pommel or insert ). It has worked fine since then, so I thought it should work for others having my memory issues

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you've never ordered an MHS pommel before, there's a slot cut into the inside of the pommel above where the insert seats. The C-clip snaps into the slot.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Loreen: Thanks for that info. I hadn't noticed that slot in my pommel before. Now it makes sense!

Oh that sweet c-clip...

It takes a lot of cursing and then more cursing to get it into that damn slot.

My c-clip pliers took a beating too. But once its in place... its not moving

Anyone have pics of a pommel and insert with an o-ring solution?

What do you need pictures for? You install the pommel insert, then press a #20 o-ring (if you're using a TCSS insert) or a #18 (if you're using a sink strainer) down into the pommel until it's flush with the insert....I have pics, but they are using sink strainers instead:

That's actually a speaker grille cover that I used to get off of cheap speakers that I can't get anymore, but they worked great as a pommel insert.

These are sink strainer inserts:

Another sink strainer:

That enough pics for you, or do you want more?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.