Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Crystal Chamber

Talking Two Crystal Chamber

I have had some free time lately waiting for decent soundboards to come around. I have been inspired by a lot of awesome looking crystal chambers on the forums lately and decided to take a crack at a more elaborate, functional looking crystal chamber.

I figured it would need to include 2 crystals, 1 power, 1 focus, & lenses. I also wanted to keep it highly visible & try to keep it free of wires & identifiable stuff.

After much work I present an attempt at a functional appearing complex chamber.

Here is the whole thing. The thin sticking out of the left side with the wires is a green laser for the light source. The laser allowed (with some tweaking) me to illuminate the whole chamber from the one end and keep leds & wires out of the chamber.

Details

Chamber on.

Lights off.

Any constructive advice is welcome. Let me know how it can be improved.

If you want to know where I got a part I should be able to tell you.
    Last edited by Sunrider; 07-23-2010 at 04:54 PM.

That is very cool. The Laser lights it up nicely.

What exactly are you using for crystals? They look man-made... which I like.
    Last edited by ARKM; 07-23-2010 at 05:25 PM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

HOLY CRAP THATS AMAZNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how did you make all that? and what are those crystals from?
    -Sidd-

What exactly are you using for crystals?
    They are quartz (cut) from here.

http://www.healingcrystals.com/Sacre...etry_Crystals/

how did you make all that?
    Thanks but you'll have to be more specific. There are many parts. More than you can see.

HOLY FREAKIN' &@!#$^! that's awesome!!

Wow... I can't wait to see that inside a saber! Truly cool stuff there!

Just a question - will you have the laser powered up all the time with the saber or will it have some kind of power switch? (and how much power does that thing eat up?)

-C
    LOCKHEED

will you have the laser powered up all the time with the saber or will it have some kind of power switch? (and how much power does that thing eat up?)
    Thanks; I will wire them so the laser comes on with blade ignition with the pololu board. I am using a 3.3v regulator to power the laser. It draws 400ma at 3v or 150ma at 7v.

Dude that's awesome. There's nothing to critisize. That's is really cool, way to take it up a notch.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Thanks; I will wire them so the laser comes on with blade ignition with the pololu board. I am using a 3.3v regulator to power the laser. It draws 400ma at 3v or 150ma at 7v.
    would you happen to know where to source such a laser?
    I haven't seen any in the store, so I think it's ok to ask this question - you can PM me the answer just to be safe I suppose...

Wow, I just realized that you engraved aurebesh onto one of the rings! Sweet!
    Last edited by cannibal869; 07-23-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    LOCKHEED

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That is a very awesome crystal chamber. Great job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

First of all, Well done! That is some cool looking hardware. Plus, I like that you got them from a website that sells them as "Healing Crystals" and you put them in a lightsaber....anyway

I have one suggestion for an improvement. At the moment, it will appear as though you have two crystals that are lit up in the hilt. It does look badass, BUT, what if you made it look like the lightsaber beam were actually passing through and over the crystals? I have only a vague idea of how to do this:

Use a thin-walled tube of polycarb with a small amount of cellophane wrap inside. Place this tube over the crystals and, when lit up, it would appear as if the crystals were in the path of a weak beam (due to the small amount of cellophane) and that, after the crystals have "focused" the energy, it becomes a strong beam (i.e. your blade leaving the hilt). Or, you could forget the polycarb piece and just wrap the cellophane around the crystals. I have no idea if this would work with a laser light source though....anyway, there it is. Do with it what you will