Thread: Toronto Fan Expo 2010

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Default Toronto Fan Expo 2010

I was originally hoping to go to CV, but it just didn't work out, so I am going to Fan Expo in Toronto instead.

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/

For anyone within driving distance of Toronto, it's definitely worth the trip. It's actually a multi-genre expo, combining Sci-Fi, Anime, Horror, Comics, and Gaming. Lots of cool costumes. The 501st and RL will be there. Tons of exhibitors, Q&A sessions with the guests, autograph area, interesting seminars, and more.

The guest list looks really good this year: http://www.fanexpocanada.com/genre/g...se/2#category1

If you are interested in going, buy your tickets online before hand. The lineups to buy tickets on-site are brutal. If you get them online, you bypass the line and walk right in.

Wow! That is quite the guest list!

Too bad about CV, but hope you enjoy Toronto instead!

Maybe some year I'll be able to make it myself!
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I just thought I would bump this topic for anyone within driving distance of Toronto that didn't see it. We're only a couple of weeks away!

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Quite the guest list! Chewie, Tom Hodges, Captain Kirk, Dave Ross, Ken Steacy, Ramon Perez, Scott Hepburn, and Amy Pronovost... looks great!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I just got home from Fan Expo. I filled two memory cards with photos and video.

I got Peter Mayhew, Michael Dorn, and William Shatner's Q&A sessions on video. I'll post links in the next couple of days. Shatner was hilarious! What a ham!

There were lots of people in costumes. I took lots of pictures. I was happy to see a few sabers from TCSS. The last two years I've been, all I saw were FX sabers. There was a steampunk group there, and they really liked my brass saber.

I had a good chat with a couple of folks from the Rebel Legion, and got some good tips about my Jedi costume. They said it was pretty good, but there are a couple of things I could improve. I'm thinking about submitting an application.

It's late now, and I'm tired, so I'll start posting pictures tomorrow.