Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the best camera for under $200?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default What is the best camera for under $200?

As all of you know I am in dire need for a new camera and I was wanting to know which camera under $200 would be best for taking pictures and videos of sabers. I was thinking about the Coolpix L22, I have read decent reviews of it but wanted to know if anyone here has used one for saber pics.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I will sent you some links later dude, keep in mind it not just the camera its how you use it.

I used to get some pretty decent shots out of my 2 mega-pixel Kodak junk camera before i got my nice DSLR
    -Sidd-

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nikkon CoolPix S640
    I love it because the the great macro mode, and how you can set it to manual options, and it has many pre-set modes for quick shooting.

They also are quite durable, I got mine 3 years ago. Ity has been dropped on concrete, and gotten water spilled on it- the camera is still going strong!

I would reccomend you stay away from any samsumg, kodak, or sony brands. Sony makes a great camera... only if it is over $500.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I have a Kodak DX7440 and it used to take pretty good pictures when I first got it 6 years ago but now it won't take ANY decent pictures with out the flash, even daylight pictures. I have heard that the Coolpix series is a decent camera and just want some feedback before I get one.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Master

We use a Kodak 5.1mp Z7590 with the big lens (don't know what it's called, panoramic lens?). It has served us well for the last 5 or 6 years. I wish the video mode was better, and we may just get an HD digital video camera for taking vids anyway, but it takes great pics and has a decent macro mode. I would probably buy another Kodak, though I would do some research and choose another brand if I thought it was better.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I use a Kodak C182 12 mega pixel it works well and does decent video, I got mine at Big Lots for 79.00
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Check out Consumer Reports. Their ratings are usually pretty accurate to what you can expect.

also you will want to check out the reviews on amazon.com
    -Sidd-

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
    also you will want to check out the reviews on amazon.com
    I don't know, when it comes to cameras, I've found them to be unreliable, unscientific, and inaccurate because people have such different ideas on what they want from a camera. You will have a lot of poor reviews to sort out. I guess it's a good place to start so you know what *not* to buy to help narrow down your choices. Amazon's generally good for that.

I'm a fan of Canon Powershots, they seem to be rated highly in most things I've ever seen/read. My 2C worth though.