Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The crystal chamber for my 1st MHS build.

Default The crystal chamber for my 1st MHS build.

Here are pics of the crystal chamber I just finished for my first MHS build. First I want to thank Slothfurnace for the inspiration. Before I saw his chamber, mine was just going to be a crystal between 2 inserts. This chamber consists of a red quartz crystal, 2 # 6 pommel inserts, 2 5mm led holders, Makoto red led, 6-32 threaded rod, brass sheet, brass tubing, knurled nuts, brass acorn nuts, bass string beads (I'm glad I finally found a use for the beads, I've been saving them for a while.), & copper wire. The wires from my main led are going to go through the brass tubing to hook up with the crystal chamber led and the sound board. I'm using the o-rings to hold the brass tubing in place. Please disregard the top screw with hex nut. I was using it help prop it up for pics. Again thank you Slothfurnace for the inspiration.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 07-20-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Very aesthetically pleasing.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Great job.

Knew something special would come of your first MHS saber, given the detail of your pvc sabers.

Really looking forward to seeing the saber now.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Thank you LDM, & Invisas. I'm taking my time with this saber. Its going to be pretty cool when its done. I have 2 MHS parts. The ribbed extension & BH #3. I have to say, I LOVE MHS PARTS!!! I should be ordering the rest of my hilt pieces this weekend. I cant wait. Thank you guys again.

Nice crystal chamber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Yes, the radiator looks good. Nice use of pommel inserts. What kind of crystal is it?

Thumbs up

Wow good looking stuff there!
    LOCKHEED

Thank you guys. Sunrider, it's red quartz. I forget what the web address is. I did a google search for red quartz & this is what I found. Thank you.

Much much better! I just finished a chamber this weekend myself but I want to save it to reveal with the saber. Yours looks like a mix of mine and Slothfurnaces. Great job!

Youngling

dude...... do you have spy cameras in my house....

NICE chamber!!!!, i like the "reactors" looking things at the top!