Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need help with my design

In the time you took to qualify your statement in the original post, you could have instead said "i'd like to see your windu lightsabers" and avoided the entire thing.

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That was inappropriate and unnecessary.

And not funny.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

As you've said, I took some time to clarify my unfortunate joke and I apologized fot it. I will do it once more: sorry if someone took offense. Not my intention. Now, maybe we could go back to my design, please. What do you think. Couldn't order the pieces yesterday. I will do it in the next days. Any last suggestion or advice before I do it?

My recommendation:

Screw the whole custom thing. Obviously, you want Mace Windu's saber, and not a unique, one of a kind hilt. Just get the MR Mace saber and a conversion kit with a battle blade. You're gonna end up saving money in the long run, and get exactly what you want.

I guess what I'm trying to do is recreating Windu's saber with the pieces from TCSS. I really love the possibilities they provide. Anyway, thanks for your comment, Mazaki.

IMO the only good place for an MR Mace is out the Windu...lol

They are huge with tiny blades. A common problem with MR hilts. I don't think they're worth the time and money to convert. The only usefull part IMO is the soundboards...they're alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    IMO the only good place for an MR Mace is out the Windu...lol

They are huge with tiny blades. A common problem with MR hilts. I don't think they're worth the time and money to convert. The only usefull part IMO is the soundboards...they're alright.
    Personally, the blade length feels perfect to me, but to each his own...

I'm gonna convert my Mace saber just to make a little bit better. It would give me an idea of what to expect when making a custom saber.

And the kit is relatively cheap, so meh.

Here's the thread with my mace windu saber: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=9996

Also, if you're going to get into making lightsabers, I would highly recommend getting a dremmel. It doesn't take a huge amount of skill to use (although it does help your results to have skill) and it increases what you can do with your saber design by a whole lot.
    Last edited by Luke-SkyMarcher; 08-05-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaki View Post
    Personally, the blade length feels perfect to me, but to each his own...

I'm gonna convert my Mace saber just to make a little bit better. It would give me an idea of what to expect when making a custom saber.

And the kit is relatively cheap, so meh.
    My biggest issue is how big the hilt is. It makes the blade look skinny.

Wow! SkyMarcher, your brother is a lucky guy! Spectacular Windu lightsaber!