Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need help with my design

I've found a solution to all the problems in my saber (I guess). See pic.
    From the pommel to the holder it's just a 9 inch extension with a bit of lathe work. No more thread problems, it's cheaper than my previous designs and in the future I could make a drill on it for a switch to turn it into a full functional lightsaber the way it's meant to be!. What do you think?. I also colored it a bit with photoshop to see how it could be in the end. By the way, about the o-rings in the choke section, maybe it would be possible heating the o-rings to insert them in the choke and then cooling them. If anyone wants to try, please tell me about the results.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There ya go! Now when you decide it's time to put a sound board in it you'll have room for everything including lots of batteries for long run time. You shouldn't have any trouble with o-rings either. They will stretch a little and fit nicely in lathed grooves. Just be sure to specify that they're for o-rings.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 07-23-2010 at 03:36 AM.

Well, the o-rings in the choke were for my previous design. I think it would look great if someone could put them in the choke. As for the custom work my saber needs, how can I get it done?. I've seen TCSS has a section to order it. Anything else I should know?

before ordering, email Tim at sales@thecustomsabershop.com and see if he will do it and how much it will cost.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Looks pretty good, fairly decently mace-like. If you want to make it even more so, I would suggest the new grips:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Gr...le-1-P556.aspx

in place of the ones you have, since they are meant to stick through like the Windu ones.

Also, how are you planning the black portion near the top? There are several ways it could be done, but I'm interested in what you have in mind.

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Your message arrives in the best moment, Luke-SkyMarcher. I wanted to order the parts for my saber today but I've found the 3.6" rubber grip is out of stock! Noooo! I like them, but the TCSS site says they have to be installed from the inside via milled slots, so I'm gonna need more custom work. This never ends! Anyway, can anyone tell me how many of them has the Windu saber got?. As for the black portion near the blade holder I planned to go to a do-it-yourself (I don't know if that's the proper word. Leroy Merlin would be one of them here in Spain) shop and look for some kind of adhesive leather or something like that. I would love to know your suggestions.

The real windu saber has 12 grips. The store says they will overlap on the inside if you do more than 10. So you could just go with 10, or try to modify the grips so 12 will fit.

There are a number of ways to do the black section. Using some kind of leather or synthetic leather would be a good choice; that's exactly what I used on my windu.

You could also do a cutout "border" piece. If you look at the windu saber, you will notice there is a raised silver border that goes around the edge of the black section. I would highly recommend adding one of these; not only will it make it look more accurate, but it will also hide the edges of the leather.

This can be done by cutting a piece out of sink tube, or maybe out of this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...rial-P468.aspx

The advantage of using sink tube is that you could also remove the chrome from a portion and use the underlying brass tube to make the gold button area, with a pattern similar to this:

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Well, I've been working again in my design and I think I will order the pieces this evening. Tell me what you think. See pics. I will go with 10 of the new grips style 1.
    By the way, Sky-Marcher, I lack the tools or the skill to do the improves you suggested, but I thank you for your advices. Also, I would love to see your Windu (not a gay comment). Could you post any pic?.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by apuntopons View Post
    Also, I would love to see your Windu (not a gay comment).
    Why would you have to clarify that?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

About the "I would to love see your Windu, (not a gay comment)", I was just trying to make a joke, sorry if anyone took offense. I swear that was not my intention.