Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sith Lightclaws

Default Sith Lightclaws

I will post better pictures once I can find the charger for my camera

Hello everyone, I'm happy to be able to say that I'm almost finish with one of the craziest projects I've taken up in a while.

Lightclaws, basically a small lightsaber blade on each finger.

I was browsing the internet one day and I stumble across a piece of artwork someone had done(I thought I saved the picture, but I can't find it, but if I do I'll post it and definitely give credit to the creative artist that came up with the idea and inspired me). It had different lightsaber concept weapons and one was lightsaber claws. For some reason when I saw it, I knew I had to make them. And here they are, the start of them at least. They are essentially functionally done, I just have to finish the look of them with some polystyrene segments.

I used Makototsai V2 reds for each finger and the blades are essentially just miniature versions of Ultrasaber's ultrablade design. I used polycarbonate tubing for the blades, capped each one with an acrylic half-sphere with a small piece of foil glued onto it to reflect the light back down the blade, and then wrapped up some cellophane and put it into the blade.

Each LED has a small piece of clear tubing on it that I found at Home Depot that fit like a glove onto the LEDs. It holds the LEDs in place inside the bottom of the blades.

Thank you to Strydur and the TCSS, Makototsai, the wonderful artist(I will find out so that proper credit can be given, even though I doubt these are the first or only lightclaws concept like these around, your artwork did inspire me to make these) that came up with the idea of these lightclaws, and the TCSS community for most of the electrical knowledge that I have.
    Last edited by vamphunterx; 07-18-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Wow. Those are pretty cool looking "claws"! Now you have me wondering if something similar would be possible in the style of Wolverine's claws...

Jedi Elf I had a "SNIKT!" all ready to post too when I saw the title but it turned out to be more more a Freddy Kruger notion...still VERY cool and BRAVO VampHunterX. Wondering though where the batteries are?

Haha those are actually kinda cool!
    I was thinking of lightsaber claws that lit up, but your version is pretty neat too!
    LOCKHEED

If Freddy Krueger was a Sith....

Pretty cool idea...very creative.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

That's pretty cool.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I must disagree...I can find no reference to anyone ever doing these before...I believe that You are the first! Very well done, Bravo!!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I think he was referring to an actual "art" or drawing/painting rather than "prop". I have never seen the concept art, but this execution is cool. Nice job!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Thanks for the comments guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Elf View Post
    Wow. Those are pretty cool looking "claws"! Now you have me wondering if something similar would be possible in the style of Wolverine's claws...
    Lol, you'll just have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi
    Wondering though where the batteries are?
    They are on my forearm
    Last edited by vamphunterx; 07-19-2010 at 03:36 PM.

That is just out of control awesome!
    I am a Jedi...unlike my father before me.