Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The PVC Saber I built for DJ

Default The PVC Saber I built for DJ

DJ asked me to build him a custom pvc saber, this is what I came up with. He just asked me to paint it gloss green and black, with a p4 green led and a green AV switch. The main body is 1" pvc. The grips and 1st layer of shroud is 1 1/4" pvc. The outer layer of shroud is an 1 1/2" pvc. It has a p4 green led, a resistor, green ring AV switch, 4 AAA batteries, and the new translucent white 1" thin walled blade with 6' of cellophane in it. To get the AV switch to fit into the 1" pvc I had to stack a piece of the 1 1/4" and
    1 1/2" pvc along with the AV switch bezel. Instant pvc switch box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool looking saber. If the Green Lantern had a lightsaber I suspect it would look something like that.
    Follow Your Bliss

Banned Sith Lord

ive just been so impressed by jacks PVC hilts i had to comission him to make me one. i had no idea he would build one as cool as this. he went above and beyond my expectations. i cant wait to recieve this saber as it will go with my mando costume. thanks again DM. this thing is just awesome.

Another PVC beauty.

Great work.

As always, very nice work. This pushes PVC sabers to the limit. I wonder if you could fit a new 2010 board in there?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Youngling

gotta love the PVC!!!

Wow, you're really cranking these sabers out fast!

Thank you everybody for the positive feedback. I'm really happy with the way this saber turned out. This has to be my favorite design to date. DJ, thank you very much. Psab, I didn't even think of The Green Lantern, that's pretty cool I can totally see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    Thank you everybody for the positive feedback. I'm really happy with the way this saber turned out. This has to be my favorite design to date. DJ, thank you very much. Psab, I didn't even think of The Green Lantern, that's pretty cool I can totally see it.
    Green Lantern was the FIRST thing I thought when I saw this.

As everyone else has said, awesome, awesome job.
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

This is a really great PVC saber, love the layered shrouds. looks great. I never thought of using green, but it really works on this one
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight