Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Switch Wiring Diagram for MR board with 4 wire switch

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...wiring+diagram

Tim's diagram was very close to what the windu board looked like. and i mixed that with the wiring diagram here for the switch.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i hear that the mace board is almost identical to the luke board so the wiring should be the same, though i haven't seen it.

the blue switch LED has the same Vf as the green so it'll need the same resistor. the red one is different though. the dot switches are a lot less difused than the circle ones - i prefer the circles over the dots, but Tim hasn't gotten any more in stock lately.

also, it's spelled Seoul...
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

yeah i just realized not to sure why i put that p in there. Anyways, thx so much, and yes i prefer the circle over the dot as well. And yes the wiring is almost identical. Placed in a some what different manner, and the switch wiring is different. Just so i am clear, it was 150 ohm 1/4 watt, correct? and what would be needed for the circle DPDT's in place of the dot ones?

You have been a huge help. has given me a lot of clarity yet some frustration at the same time. Horribly addicted to this hobby already.

cheers mate.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

yep that's all right - 150 ohm 1/4 watt. all of the blue and green illuminated switches use them with a 6V power supply. the red would take a 220 ohm 1/4 watt resistor. congrats on your new addiction! ^_^

cheers love! ^_^
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

Yar, well just placed my 4th order. Good grief, have enough to make approximately 4-5 sabers now. With any luck i will have a couple done in the new year. A lot of room for upgrading with Accent LED's and possibly more complex boards in the near future. Thx again, i'm going to go hang my head in shame while i wait for my next credit card bill.

Truely was a pleasure to have met you.

Cheers

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

it's always good to have extra parts. if you have any more troubles, please don't hesitate to come back and chat with us. ^_^
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

just to add to this, you don't have to use a pololu pcb to convert a momentary switch to latching action for use with an MR/Hasbro FX sound board:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?10762
    I recently did it myself on a saber posted at FX-sabers, and that topic has some nice pics posted from member Caine in it, too.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Also, the pololu board will not work with the 4 wire switch set up since it uses a NO and a NC contact.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php