Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kill Plug Dimensions

Default Recharge Port Dimensions

Was wondering if anyone had some dimensions on the Recharge Port in the store. I am looking for two specifically.

1. Measurement of the lip to the bottom of the center part... (see lines in the photo below)
    2. the length of the prongs from the bottom of the center part to the edge of the prongs (once again see below, imagine you clipped them all the way down.. . how much would you be cutting off?)

Hope this is clear, a full spec sheet with dimensions would be helpful too
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 07-13-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Changing Thread Title
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

You mean recharge port. Another thing to note when accounting for space for your port is the wires themselves since in my experience they take up another 1/4 to 1/2". You don't want to be bending and jamming your solder connections against anything too much and risk damaging the connection. Buying extra of these come in handy.

Sorry I don't have any uninstalled at hand at the moment but thought I should mention that.

You are absolutely correct, i DID mean recharge port. I had been looking at alternate kill plugs right before posting

That is part of why i want to know measurements. I want to make sure everything will fit. I think It will be fine as is, but just would like to make sure i give myself the best options.

*edit* I edited the thread title, thanks CC!

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Master

From tip of threads to lip: .237

From lip to bottom of body: .385

Prong length: .233

Also take into account that the lip of the port wont sit flush to the inside of a curved hilt section. There will be a SLIGHT gap.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

1. .406
    2. .210

That is the one that I pulled out and measured.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

You rock, thank you! Quick clarification... when you say:

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Prong length: .233
    do you mean from where the top of the prong meets the body? Or the bottom of the body to the end of the prong?

Hmmm... I measured a different one and got the same numbers Fender did.
    The first one must have been a cheapy RS one. I thought I threw all of those away.
    Thanks Shadar for making me pull that junk out of my parts bin.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I measured from the bottom of the body to the end of the prongs for that one.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I appreciate all of your help guys, hopefully this build happens sooner than In A Galaxy Far Far Away

*edit* The good news is that a recharge port using MSPI6, (clipping the tabs and leaving it at .4"), and a speaker (.25") will both fit in an MPS4, the bad news is that this setup leaves .1" (or roughly 1.5/16 of an inch in length) for wiring This ought to be fun
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 07-13-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Need to learn how to SPELL edit, before i can make one :p

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Most people would say 3/32", instead of 1.5/16".
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!