Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2010 hasbro lightsaber arrived in Oz finally!!!

Default 2010 hasbro lightsaber arrived in Oz finally!!!

Finally the 2010 hasbro lightsaber has arrived in Oz!! $28 from Target finally some decent sound... Sloda time to order more MHS sabers can't wait!!!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Alright since you mention this how would you personally dismantle the saber and take the blade that it comes with out? without destroying the whole saber
    Last edited by oobie doobie kedoobie; 07-13-2010 at 05:59 PM.

You just gotta tear into it. The best way is to cut down the sides towards the blade a bit, then pry it apart.

alright cool do you reckon i could slip a good blade down in there and hold it in with a few screws?

You probably could but the LEDs are not the best I done a similar thing with a darth vader torch but replaced the led just as a display piece...

On tearing it apart there are a few good tutorials on the forums regarding teardown and rewiring to utilize the soundcard in a custom hilt.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Hi BK, yes I just bought one, but as I don't have a new saber to put it in yet, it is sitting in the cupboard. I do like the new sounds, and the swing response is great. Funds are still tight at present so I won't be ordering any MHS parts as yet. Doing tax return in the next few weeks and should get some back as I got just over 1/2 my salary this year and have been paying tax on the full amount. If I get a reasonable return, I'll order the parts for War Machine and the Obi 2010 board will go in it.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Correction on my behalf... The "toy sale" starts on the 22nd... They will be reduced to $28 as of then...

I purchased mine on eBay for $50 and going pick up two more during the sale...

Ripped it apart replaced the swing clash and speaker with TCSS items.

Need to get my regulator and transistor and I can start on the rebuild of my mhs saber...

Putting the green goblin in my sith samurai...

Also looking to build an mhs obiwan...

I love this hobby!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    You probably could but the LEDs are not the best I done a similar thing with a darth vader torch but replaced the led just as a display piece...

On tearing it apart there are a few good tutorials on the forums regarding teardown and rewiring to utilize the soundcard in a custom hilt.
    ya well i'll definitely try it out and i read through those forums and got some good ideas. You just unsautered the LED's and replaced em with some red ones right? if so where did you find the colored LED's?

Quote Originally Posted by oobie doobie kedoobie View Post
    alright cool do you reckon i could slip a good blade down in there and hold it in with a few screws?
    Why would you want to do that? All you've done is put a thinner blade in it, so you'd have to shim it in some way. And holding a blade in by using screws into the weak plastic they use for these sabers will not hold.

Unless I was REALLY cheap I wouldn't even consider it.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

No I actually gutted the internals, added a reed relay to the soundboard and jammed some PVC in there to hold the dooku fx blade that I was no longer using. Along with the lens and led it just looks really good but it will be tossed in the bin when I get my fx vader.

It's still very flimsy and is only a display piece in my theatre room.

My advice to you build a PVC saber, save up build a sinktube saber, save up build an mhs saber and by then you'll be pretty much hooked....

Good luck and may the DARKSIDE guide you...