Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Commonly used Drill bits, taps, and measurements

I was going to vote for sticky too, until it got stickied, very informative CC!!!

I believe aerorocket is right about the graflex pins. The same question was asked here as well: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...lectrical-pins

As for the tool to install them, I found that a small piece of aluminum spacer (chassis disk spacer) works GREAT! Just stick the head of the pin in the little spacer tube, and use it to screw the badboy in, applying a moderate amount of pressure downwards. The aluminum is just soft enough to grip the hex heads well and screw them down snugly. Found that one out when my clumsy fingers had dropped the damn graflex pin while trying to finger tighten for the ninth time. Those things are TEENY!

Acerocket is correct (shocker? ) The G-Pins are indeed 3-48. I didn't have a small enough socket to use so I just used some fine-tip needle nose pliers to tighten mine down.

To drill and tap, you will need a #47 bit (.0785") and a 3-48 tap.
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

Anyone know the tap size to this?
    Last edited by patolcott; 12-05-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Bump
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Looks like the 5mm LED bezel from the store.

If it's that one, then it's listed on the first page:
    For the 5mm LED bezel
    - To tap and thread; M8x0.75 metric tap & 7.25mm Drill bit. 5/16-32 tap is not compatible with the Bezel
    If it's something else, I don't know how to get you the thread information from just a picture.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I am not sure if it is the one from the store, since i got it at radio shack but i will try that tap size see if it works thanks silver serpent
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Quote Originally Posted by patolcott View Post
    I am not sure if it is the one from the store, since i got it at radio shack but i will try that tap size see if it works thanks silver serpent
    I happen to have both the led bezel from Radio shack and the ones from the store, and the nuts are interchangeable, so i'd assume the threads size and pitch is identical, or close enough that they should both thread into the same size threads.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

AWESOME! thank you very much Sir. That is good to know, cannot wait to get it set in my saber.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Sorry, but what does countersink mean?