Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noob builder needs help...that's me

Default Noob builder needs help...that's me

First off hello. Second I really want to build my first saber and could use some help. This is the saber I want to build.

Let me start off with saying i am very comfortable around any tool and wiring will not really be a problem. What i really need the most help with is what makes a tight sleeve on a powder coated shaft.

I read up on almost everything I could but couldn't seem to find what fits well over what. Like do Sink Tubes fit well over TCSS bodies.

Thanks for any help in advance. If this first one works out i want to build a second so that i can dual wield them.

P.S. couldn't find the max image size so i made it that big. if it is to big let me know and I will fix it.

Edit: Also Where could I find the little ribbed extender that would go in between the body and the blade holder. I looked all over this site and nada.
    Last edited by MongooseDog; 07-10-2010 at 07:16 PM.

1.5 inch sink tubes will fit over the MHS parts, as long as those parts do not have too many coats of paint on them (see my recent post on that problem!).

I'm not sure there is an extension for what you're looking for (others will correct me if that is wrong) but maybe Tim could do some custom work and add it to the bottom of the blade holder or top of the hilt, assuming you're ordering those parts?
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

I read up on almost everything I could but couldn't seem to find what fits well over what. Like do Sink Tubes fit well over TCSS bodies.
    MHS od is 1.45" the sink tubes and sleeves at the store fit well.

P.S. couldn't find the max image size so i made it that big. if it is to big let me know and I will fix it.
    800 x 600 is max.

Edit: Also Where could I find the little ribbed extender that would go in between the body and the blade holder. I looked all over this site and nada.
    All parts can be found in the MHS section at the store.

thanks for the help. I resized the pic. I looked at the store and i couldn't find an extender that matched. must not have one.

This one?

Click on it for the store link...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    This one?

Click on it for the store link...
    Close but i was looking more for one with about 1" unthreaded

You would have to ask Tim to do one for you, try emailing him at sales@thecustomsabershop.com and see what he says. good luck!

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Do any of you know how much to the OD will the black wrinkle PC will add? That is what i was wanting to use but i am not sure how thick it is.

That one i don't know for sure... but i think its .03"

thanks. now i just need to figure out a parts list so i can get started.