Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My first saber "Solace"

Default My first saber "Solace"

I just wanted to show you all my first saber and thank all the people who were so helpful on these forums.

Please let me know if I can improve upon it.

Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool hardware saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Awesome idea with those handle things, I'm totally stealing that design cue!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Looks good!

The emitter section is beastly. Great job for a first saber keep up the great work.

Wow that is nice! What did you use for the pommel?
    Peace is a lie; there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

—Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith

that is great. I thought about doing the same thing with that same design. Gotta love Big Yellow Box. They have some great hardware saber designs. Just needs to have some tweaking for the internals. I can't seem to find the right shower head around here though.

thanks guys, it was a great experience, and i think i have started a new hobby. The pommel is a shower head that i got from a local hardware store, I did not find it at a big chain store.

Basically you want to look for the cheapest shower head that still has a chrome finish, mine was around $5.

Yellow box was a great resource, I extended my tube 3 more inches , added the TCSS pieces, and changed a few other things so that it could function as a light up saber.

Very nice saber. Especially the emitter part which looks very cool.
    "A Jedi Master always said this to each of his students before their first lesson: Cross an unfamiliar river without first discerning its depths and shallows, and you will drown in its currents without reaching your goal. Being a Jedi is no different. Identify the pitfalls and learn the proper path, or you fail the Order and sacrifice yourself to no good purpose."

If people are interested in that emitter design, the proper term for those steel pieces are "footman loops" and they are a boating accessory.

Also yellow box used rivets but that didnt really work if u wanted to add additional components to the inside, so instead you can drill and tap all the holes around the emitter and shave down some screws to use instead. Also, since screws are used you can access all the parts of the saber if anything goes wrong.
    Last edited by Crash485; 07-07-2010 at 10:40 PM.