Thread: Will This Work?

Post Will This Work?

Hello, I'm new to The Custom Saber Shop forums. I'll be making a lightsaber (soon, hopefully! ) but for now I'm just planning it out. It's a curved saber. (Yes, I know it's my first saber so I should do something simple, but I'm more of Form Two practitioner. ) It's using sink tube, pvc for the bends, the Seol P4 Kit, Sink Tube LED/Blade Holder, D-Ring, Thumb-Screw(s), and some sort of grip material. So, this is the plan for the outside of my saber.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...1&d=1278461883
    This is the plan for the inside.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...1&d=1278461883
    Gray and black are parts of the saber, yellow is the sink tube blade holder, blue is the PVC I'm using to angle it, purple is the wires, orange is the turn on/off button, and green is the battery pack. So, will this all work?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Two there should be. No more. No less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. -Darth Bane
    If a Luxeon III gets hot enough to melt...[hot]glue, something's wrong with your wiring! -Jay Gon Jinn

It's a nice design... Are you planning to duel with it?
    Peace is a lie; there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

—Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith

very nice design....remeber patience when building your saber.....good luck on its build .....you have to post pics when done .....looks like it will be awsome

Yes, I'm planning to duel with it. I'm using a 33" thick-walled blade. Oh-and thanks, guys.
    Last edited by Darth Enab; 07-07-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Additional information.
    Two there should be. No more. No less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. -Darth Bane
    If a Luxeon III gets hot enough to melt...[hot]glue, something's wrong with your wiring! -Jay Gon Jinn

Are you planning on using pcv connectors for the bends? If so you are limited to 45 degree angles. You could try bending a piece of pvc instead. Put an endcap on it and pour in some boiling water and it should bend easily enough. My friends and I do this to create curved blades for boffing weapons. I don't know how sharply the bends can be made though, so I don't know if it would work for a hilt.

Actually, I'm planning to use a plastic j-bend pipe and cut it. Here's the link to what I want to use: http://www.lowes.com/pd_29878-143-10...|1$identifier=