Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How not to build a blade?

That is the worst blade that i have ever seen ....if it is made that cheaply i'd be askin for a refund .....
    Tim fully constructed blades are better than that they dont come apart he dowsnt use cheap dollar store glue on them ....but there is a great tutorial on how to make one also

I must say the TCSS blades are awesome. I wanted to knock off the tip so I could try something different with the mirror, so I slid a dowel through the blade and had to do this so hard I almost injured myself when the tip finally flew off. It actually broke part of the blade off with the tip and some of the tip left on the blade. I would love to know what type of glue Tim uses.

Just while we're talking about blades and their makers,
    Has anybody had an Ultrablade tip come off?

It was a stock Mid-Grade initiate blade from Ultra, and a few hits the tip popped right off. Wasn't happy, but super glue fixed it.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Just saying...
    Because you're a grammar fan,

What else can you drink? Gas? Solid? Plasma?

I was afraid that if I just said, "I was drinking" that people would interpret that as drinking alcohol. I should have just said that I was drinking iced tea, which I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Just while we're talking about blades and their makers,
    Has anybody had an Ultrablade tip come off?

It was a stock Mid-Grade initiate blade from Ultra, and a few hits the tip popped right off. Wasn't happy, but super glue fixed it.
    One of the new guys in my Lightsaber Class is an Ultrasaber fan. He's been plagued by problems with his tips coming off.

At first he thought it was because his blades had the bullet tips, so he ordered some new blades with the round tips, but he still had the same problem with those, too. I think Ultra uses super glue.

I believe that Tim uses Weld-on #4, at least he used to. It's a solvent type of adhesive that partially dissolves the plastic it's used on, making the 2 pieces really bond together.

The blade I use to fight with, I've had for over 4 years, and it doesn't even have one of the shouldered tips, it has a flat cabochon on it. I think the tip must have been glued on with the Weld-on, it's the only blade I have that I didn't put together myself.

I have a tube of Weld-on #16, it's a little thicker consistency than the #4.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    ...I have a tube of Weld-on #16, it's a little thicker consistency than the #4.
    IIRC Jay-Gon uses #16 as well...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

That weld-on #16 is good stuff. I just got done doing my last blade tip. One thing use plenty of ventilation, unless you want to be seeing pink elephants .
    Wich is why I can't understand anyone using super glue, even the heavy duty variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    IIRC Jay-Gon uses #16 as well...
    Yes he does!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    That weld-on #16 is good stuff. I just got done doing my last blade tip. One thing use plenty of ventilation, unless you want to be seeing pink elephants .
    Wich is why I can't understand anyone using super glue, even the heavy duty variety.
    What? Because everyone should want to see pink elephants?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I don't I wish they'd just go away..lol

Is there any notable differences between the two aside from thickness? Opacity for instance or which is more durable?
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 07-07-2010 at 04:42 AM.

For the record, I use the following for my tips, and my 2 yo has managed to crack the Polycarbonate before dislodging the tip

*Click the Image for Info*
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~