Thread: custom Prophecy V1

Default custom Prophecy V1

Figured I would post this here for those that do not visit FX. Its been a while since I posted pics over here.

I present Prophecy Fulfilled (corny I know but its fitting), my prophecy V1.

I have had the parts just sitting around for a long time waiting for me to clear PC the hilt. I had to clear some parts for a customers and didn't want to experiment on his parts so I figured I would go ahead and experiment on my Prophecy. I am glad I did because I made a minor mistake on the Prophecy (build up of clear at the tip of the emitter) that I corrected on the customers part. I also scratched the clear by the green LED. I am not worried about these flaws because its a play saber and one that I will use often. If it were a display piece only I would have re-done them or got frustrated and put it back on the shelf to wait for me to mess with it again.

Originally I was going to build a chassis for it but scrapped that idea and decided to go for long run time with the 18650 batteries. The chassis would have been nice but for a play saber I figured run time was more important.

First the specs:
    -US 2.5
    -2x18650 AW Li Ion batteries
    -Lux V blue main LED
    -functional green and red accent LEDs
    -Soundtraxx mega bass 27mm speaker (deeper speaker but smaller around)
    -custom made box
    -custom tactile switch
    -1.3mm recharge port
    -custom kill key
    -TCSS aluminum thumb screw for blade retention screw. I powder coated it trans red
    -TCSS large thumb screw in place of covertec wheel. I was just gonna put a set screw to cover the hole (I don't wear it on a belt) but didn't have one that size so I stuck the thumb screw in with some washers and liked how it looked so it stayed.
    -blade plug I threw together from hard drive parts and a crystal
    -Stand by Halon customs though its my every saber show stand. I may get him to develop a custom one just for the Prophecy.

Anyway on with the pics (click for larger view) and vid:

Video here:
    Click here for video

Last edited by Zook; 07-02-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    MH on FX-Forums

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

Very nice, I like it alot great job

Oooohh... shiny. I like your polish jobs Zook. Was it alot of cram-fu to get all that inside?
    I am working on a serious cram-fu project of my own.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That looks really neat! I am normally not a fan of the activation box but it looks great with this saber.

How did you install the grips? what are they made of?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thanks

DX it was definitely tight in there. I dont think I could fit much more in there. I still cant wait to see your project come to life. If your PCer would just get you the parts

cardcollector the grips are all part of the hilt. the US prophecy was a solid aluminum stunt. I just added the control box (which I am not usually a fan of either but to do what I wanted I had to go this route) and PCed the grip and center section.
    MH on FX-Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    Thanks

DX it was definitely tight in there. I dont think I could fit much more in there. I still cant wait to see your project come to life. If your PCer would just get you the parts
    My Akhilesh saber has 4 18650's and a Crystal Focus v4.3 with FoC so I know about tight spaces. I'm getting ready to take it apart and make some changes to it. It takes some serious uncram-fu.
    As far as my PCer goes, he's doin' just fine.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.