Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opinions please!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the one on the bottom left.

since you want so many colors you may want to try taking your time and giving it a nice paint job. You can get decent results with krylon if you do it right.

EDIT:
    You might want to consider doing a polle of your top five favorites... there are a lot of different designs...
    Last edited by cardcollector; 07-01-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Not only that but with the proper primer, enamel paint, clear coat and baking each step they're more durable then I would have thought. I threw my "Mantis" saber in the gravel (by accident of course) and it only got two very small dots chipped...no visible surface scratches otherwise. It is heavily weathered but any scratches would have been visible in the finish.

So it is sounding like the best way to go is painting and not PC because of the difficulty in using more than one color per part. Thanks for the advice! I think I will either try to find someone to do the painting or very very carefully do it myself. Now I just need to decide which color scheme to use, so opinions are still welcome!

I like the fourth one down on the left.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

If you go with paint then I would go back to the drawing board since you'd have more colours available. Not only that but the possibility of texture, weathering, and paint finishes are something to consider as well.

I think I am pretty set on some combo of chrome/bare metal, green, gold and black and as far as texture and weathering I don't think I will worry about that too much since it is my first saber and I want to make it look pretty new so any weathering will occur naturally with use. I have put together a new set of my 6 or 7 favorites which I will probably post as a poll soon.

I like the 2nd row, 3rd from top

I asked my wife if i could get a $5,000 lathe and she said "...no, but thanks for asking." : D