Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions please!

Default Opinions please!

So, I am thinking of getting my MHS pieces powder coated, and I have come up with a few different possible color combos, and I'd like your opinions on which one I should go with. I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, and if it isn't could some kindly Admin please move it?

Here is the pic of my favorite ideas so far. The color may be a bit off because MS Paint doesn't seem to like to retain the exact colors whenever I copy/paste images and save the file. The colors I used are from the MHS hilt builder and are Psycho Lime, Sun Gold, and either the Super Wet Black or the Solar Flat Black. Silver parts are bare metal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jedi-Elf; 06-30-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Making the pic work

I like first row third from top.
    Eventually you figure it out

A good start to answers to your first questions =http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6430
    The road to knowledge lies in reading

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't think Tim does multiple PC colors on the same piece. Better check first.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Good point. Assuming that he would do so though, which design do you like? I have a couple I'm leaning towards but I don't want to say which ones yet.

He certainly can't do colours that touch. I think he can do more then one colour. If so they would have to separated by bare aluminum. Like J-lo said best to ask.
    He can also do custom PC colours if you order the powder and have it shipped to him.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 07-01-2010 at 12:17 AM.

I like the third last and second last, personally I would leave the green PCing out. But if thats what you want go for it, it's your saber and not mine.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think a little of that Psycho Lime color goes a loooooooong way. I'd use it sparingly.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Yeah... I bet Tim is looking at this thread and getting a leeetle bit nervous

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I have tried doing two different PC colors on a single piece, and the results were not pretty. You have to do one color first, masking the parts you want to do with a second color. After you've baked the first color, you have to mask in reverse, which is to say, you have to mask the first color. If you don't, there's no way to prevent some powder from the second color getting onto the first color. But when you mask the first color and bake it again, the masking leaves an impression on the first color.

That probably doesn't make much sense, but suffice it to say, trying to do PC in multiple colors on a single piece is a major pain in the derrière. I would be quite surprised if Tim agreed to do that. Then again, he may know tricks that I don't.
    There's always a bigger fish.