Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Arena Saber CF 10W

Default Obi-Wan Arena Saber CF 10W

Here is my newest lightsaber and actually the first non-steampunk lightsaber that I have done. The hilt is a replica of the saber Obi-Wan borrowed during the AOTC arena battle. It was machined by Franciso Gardia for me. I wanted to keep it as authentic as possible, so he a momentary switch under one of the red knobs, and I put another in one of the speaker holes in the pommel. As for the electronics, it is sporting a CF 4.3, and a LEDEngin RGBA with the Green and Blue dies in parallel and both are running at 750mA. This produces a nice bright Cyan coloured blade. The Red die is wired for clash on flash. Space was extremely limited in this saber as the blade comes down to just before the first red knob, so for batteries I am using 2 CR123 Camera Batteries for 6v and 1500mAh. In the end I am extremely happy with this saber. It is my first attempt at clash on flash and my cleanest build to date. Not to mention it is also my favourite hilt from the films. On to the pics...

The hilt:

The pommel with the hidden ignition switch:

The emitter:

The hilt lit up:

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

That is one great looking saber, Good job

That dude makes some AWESOME hilts...the only other one that I have seen is Jango's (Roy's Blues) that he did some time ago with an FX board. This is the ultimate Obi arena saber...great work friend!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Man that is nice. I've always liked that saber. We need a video.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

That IS really nice. To bad you couldn't just use the two red switches. I'm sure that would require some other retention screw and not having one visible at all is awesome. Still a nice set-up though. Is the brassy looking piece real or painted aluminum?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nice saber indeed. Great job. Now we must see a video of it in action.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nice, but you'd have gotten more from the LEDengin if you had wired them in series and run them at 1.3A

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

More run time in parallel. Looks sweet. I love the arena saber. Well done. Good home for a CF.

Thanks everybody for the remarks. It's nice to see others like it as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Is the brassy looking piece real or painted aluminum?
    It is actually Anodized Aluminium.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Nice, but you'd have gotten more from the LEDengin if you had wired them in series and run them at 1.3A
    The problem is to get the mAh in the batteries, I am using Lithium Prime CR123R's, which only have 3v each. the two in Parallel only give me 6v. Far short of the 8.8v I would need if the Green and Blue were in series. Also, as has been mentioned, the runtime would have been quite poor.

This being said, however, I am doing a RGGB build that I might take this advice for. In it I am using 2 18650's which (at least for a short time) should produce the 8.8v. Furthermore as they are much larger batteries, runtime isn't as big an issue.

Nice looking hilt and nice electronics inside. Very cool.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."