Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how would you make this

Exclamation how would you make this

in the trailer for knights of the old republic the main sith warrior throws his lightsaber and we are able to see the whole thing for a half second. i took a picture of the hilt (link below) and i was wondering how i would go about making this for myself. thanks

http://s776.photobucket.com/albums/y...ghtsaber-1.png

the hilt looks pretty straight forward though the pommel and neck area you will need some custom work.
    -Sidd-

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here are some better shots...
    This would require some serious machining skills to complete this accurately.
    You could maybe get away with a modified BH 1, a MPS stlye3 V2 and some 1 1/4" sinktube adapters...

The claws... you are on your own.
    Last edited by cardcollector; 06-26-2010 at 06:26 AM.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Better pics in the new trailer. Check it out.

That guy's got more buttons & lights than 3 Vaders. What's with all the sith & masks lately? Do you have to jump in the magma & turn into a crispy critter to be a sith now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    That guy's got more buttons & lights than 3 Vaders. What's with all the sith & masks lately? Do you have to jump in the magma & turn into a crispy critter to be a sith now?
    apparently

@ Cardcollector

You can crop the images in order to retain image quality and still stay within forum posting rules
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ahem.

cc, you know that pics that large are not allowed on the forums.

If you're just focusing on the saber, then please save them to your own photo album and crop them to fit the 800 x 600 size limit.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Those claws would be easy compare to the ones I did. Mounting them may require some compromise. I don't think this one would be too hard unless you want %100 percent accuracy.

I think the best way to go would be to have custom claw and ring as one piece if possible and have the blade holder slide inside it and lock it on using hte threads.

The way the blade comes out of the emitter on this shot is kinda neat.

Hold on hold on!!!!!!!! I rendered this baby awhile ago for the benefit of others and myself. Mainly made of MHS parts and overlay, then some PCING, and groovework, and of course custom "blades"

New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I've seen some amazing stuff done with sheet metal and tip snips. (That's one possible option for the blades if you want to DIY) And you're willing to compromise on the authenticty a little bit.

@ sunrider during the old republic the Sith had there own academys and serious injuries were not uncommon during training (even when they used training sabers) not to mention they were constantly fighting the Jedi. But since it looks like he's in both trailers it's likely all of that's there for dramatic effect.
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.