Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How do your pets react to lightsabers?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nacho got her name from when she was a kitten something was always nibbling on her so I named her after one of my favorite appitizer. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

OK... I 'duel' with my dog. LOL.

She has a pretend saber, but she still beats me sometimes
    And I'm not sure but I don't think she's gonna like sound.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I can't help but humour the thought that he was mad I never made him a saber and if I did he'd duel instead of biting me..lol

My Great Dane leaves the room when I turn a saber on. My Boston Terrier jumps and tries to bite the blade.

I have a german shepherd and he has mixed emotions mainly due to the fact that while goofing around and swinging the sabers I have straight smacked him in the face when he walked up behind me. But one thing that may help withyou gf's rott is to try playing with him and then grab the saber in hand "off" and continue playing around with him get him to see the saber as a good thing while its in your hand and kind of work up to turning it on from there. It what I had to do with my dog and now when I turn them on he goes into battle stance and spins and barks while I try to attck him and smack him on the rear with the blade. So he considers the saber play time for him. And also sine the dog is technically you gf's she should be involved in the play time so it removes the idea that you may be attacking his owner. I hope this may help

Thanks Borax...sounds like it may at least make things easier on all of us. If we even hold them and tap them slowly and I mean very slowly he gets up and has to show he's concerned and growl, or even bark.

It's weird how dogs love to run for sticks but get aggressive when swinging them even playfully.

I've accidentally hit the "Lawnsprinkler" myself when off on my own swinging it.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Does anyone know how to make you dog chill out?
    Well, because you are "hitting" your friend with lightsabers, the dog sees that his "Pack Leader" is in danger. naturally the dog want to protect his pack, so therefore hw fights too.

To get the dog comfortable with the lightsaber, have your friend play with him with it. Like get on your knees, and tap the dog with it. giving off happy, excited energy while doing so.

Eventually the dog will enjoy "fighting" you with a lightsaber.

My Mutt (weimeraner (sp), pit, lab, boxer...) will come and jump on us when we are fighting. He proceeds to lick us profoundly if we are knocked down...

MY chesapeak bay retriever wil just stand under your feet and look at the ball he wants you to throw...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

My girlfriend has a Jack Russell and my parents have a a couple dogs as well. None of them like the sabers--especially the ones with sound. When I go to my parents' their dogs always run up to greet me, unless I have a saber in hand. Once they see the saber, they turn around and take off. lol

And don't even think about dueling around my girlfriend's Jack Russell, she goes nuts. Starts barking and jumping at us. She really hates it when we duel. I have however found a positive use for this. It's a great way to keep the dog off the furniture. Just put a saber on the couch, the dog won't even come near it.

I have however found a positive use for this. It's a great way to keep the dog off the furniture. Just put a saber on the couch, the dog won't even come near it.
    LOL I used to have a Jack Russel & a large male cat that used to beat each other up. Until I turned on the saber that is, then they would retreat to their corners rather quickly.

My dog will try to steal my sabers when they are off. Maybe they look like his bone, I don't know. As soon as I turn one on, he goes nuts. First he'll run away, then he charges. Sometimes he goes for the blade and sometimes for me. He also REALLY hates when I put on my Vader mask. Now I make sure he isn't around when I play. I guess he just isn't a fan.