Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How do your pets react to lightsabers?

Default How do your pets react to lightsabers?

My girlfriends Rottweiler gets really uneasy whenever I have one in my hand. Even when it isn't lit. Now that we have sound he's even more tense. He barks and gets aggressive when we duel and last weekend he bit my rear. Not badly, it's didn't hurt much but (lol) it really startled me and makes me concerned. When we put him inside he whined and bark. He really doesn't understand that we're playing. Does anyone know how to make your dog chill out? lol

Any other pet stories would make a great addition. I always see Novastar's cat in the background chill'n or it's tail passing by the bottom of the screen and Rhyen's "Darth Kitty" has made some guest appearances too.

It really wouldn't surprise me if a cat would think it was purring and rub into one..lol

Edit...oh yeah although there's no marks from the bite he managed to hit a nerve or something and my hip was bothering me for several days. How's that for targeting. I don't want to know what would happen if he actually wanted it to hurt instead of warn me.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 06-25-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Everytime I set a lightsaber on the stand to take pics and a video my cat comes running and has to be right up on the saber. I don't know what it is but my cat thinks she has to be in every video I make. LOL I call her Darth Nacho. Yes, my cats name is Nacho. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

As long as the dog can see the sabers being taken out or can hear any of the noises from sabers & dueling he will freak out. Once dogs see or hear stuff they don't forget. There is some thing instinctive about animals being afraid of people with sticks in their hands.

I don't know about my cat, but I once scared the hell out of a robin sitting on its nest when I ignited my blade by the apple tree. I didn't know it was there, honest!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Our dogs don't like them.

They're kind of ok, till I turn them on, especially the one with sound. Then they cower over near the side of the bed where my mom watches TV, since they usually hang out in her bedroom.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Everytime I set a lightsaber on the stand to take pics and a video my cat comes running and has to be right up on the saber. I don't know what it is but my cat thinks she has to be in every video I make. LOL I call her Darth Nacho. Yes, my cats name is Nacho. LOL
    If you get another pet you should call it Salsa..lol
    I've been wanting to get two cats and name them Adrien and Stella...fun names to call out..lol

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I've had lots of pet rats, when I used to live alone in an apartment.

Once I got 2 sisters, one white, and one brown. I named them Cagney and Lacey.

This was in the days before I built lightsabers, 1999-2002, so I don't know of they would have liked them or been afraid of them.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I've been wanting to get two cats and name them Adrien and Stella...fun names to call out..lol
    HAHA! That would be so awesome. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

My wifes' cat doesn't mind the sabers too much when they are not powered up. Depending on the mood he's in he either takes off or he will sit and glare at me annoyed because I disturbed him from his 7 hour cat nap once I turn the sound on though

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post

Dude i had a cat named nacho too

but my dog runs to the back yard and barks from far away haha
    The Dark Side Feels Good.
    I Love The Power.
    You Cant Stop Me.
    I Will Kill You...